Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Hitman Series > Hitman: Absolution General Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Gamer

Default At what Stage of Development do you think the game is at?

This is just a general question regarding a very fantastic game. I was watching the new "Introducing Agent 47" trailer over at the Barcode Society and the game looks like it is near completion. Just wondering what you guys thought about which stage of development it is actually in by now and when you think it's coming out.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Gamer

Well the devs are very confident that the game will be out in 2012, so I wonder how long manufacturing takes.

The devs said they would be redoing parts of run for your life and the animations in the park where 47 had his gun out in the crowd were unfinished.

I would guess October even though the marketing suggests differently.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Gamer

The game is really far from being completed. I assume it will be released near the end of this year, or in a worst scenario, postponed for 2013. Hopefully, this will not be the case. I am seriously telling myself that the devs will announce the official release date as soon as possible. But then again, why would we want them to settle a release date and rush things in order to finish the game, leaving it with unpleasant bugs and glitches?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Gamer

I think they probably started in the Beta version a while ago, probably by E3 half of the game will be complete, and maybe a couple of months or 3 months later it will be finished, that's what I think.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdose View Post
The game is really far from being completed. I assume it will be released near the end of this year, or in a worst scenario, postponed for 2013. Hopefully, this will not be the case. I am seriously telling myself that the devs will announce the official release date as soon as possible. But then again, why would we want them to settle a release date and rush things in order to finish the game, leaving it with unpleasant bugs and glitches?
I agree with you, I also don't want this game to be riddled with bugs and glitches upon release, but is it possible that the game could be near completion. Especially with the E3 coverage of the game coming fast?
Old 05-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Gamer

I think they just making final touches. We allready seen box art. So I think it will be in final stages.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Gamer

I feel confident the game is near completion, and I sense an official release date will be presented at E3.

My prediction is either an October or December release. November will be crowded with many high profile games. In a marketing perspective, it wouldn't be wise to release it in the same month.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:36 PM
New Player

Looking at past hitman games i think Eidos is playing the maps again and again, improving whatever they can (aka: alpha/beta testing).
Theres likely also a few major stuff they need to do, like creating a few cutscenes etc.

but im no game developer so what do i know

anyways i truly hope they will release it as perfect as possible!

/Fumle
Old 05-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Gamer

Let's not forget that Eidos also got Tomb Raider to be released this year, I really don't know when will they release these 2 big games, it is so crowded really.

Also December is out of the question, somehow no game comes out in December.