Thread: No more Adam Yauch

Default No more Adam Yauch

Adam Yauch, aka MCA from the Beastie Boys died Friday.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Yauch

I wasn't too into their first album, and still don't dig it. But between my tastes changing a little and the release of their masterpiece, Paul's Boutique, I became a big fan. Paul's Boutique was so far ahead of it's time nobody got it or could hear what it was about.
    Those guys did some funny interesting goofy wacky music with more depth than you'll find anywhere else in hip-hop, rap, or most pop music.
    He will be missed.
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by xzx View Post
    My brother said that that whatever he had usually isn't fatal. That he must've been sick.
    Yes, if treated aggressively with modern means. Adam elected not to go with chemotherapy and opted for a holistic approach via Tibetan practices. If I'm not mistaken he had cancer of the lymphnodes and salivary glands (coincidentally, the same cancer Roger Ebert had and claimed his ability to eat and speak).

If found that I've been listening to a lot of Beastie Boys lately. They were definitely instrumental in the music industry and I really didn't realize how much I liked them until a few years ago. Amongst the favorites on my iPod rotation: No Sleep Till Brooklyn, So Whatcha Want?, Sabatoge, Sure Shot and (of course) Fight For Your Right.

If you get a chance, check out Luscious Jackson too - an all femme band big in the 90s that Adam helped put together. They (and SiriusXM Radio) did a nice tribute to him a little while back.

Requiescat In PacÚ, Adam.
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Ah...Ah...don't forget Rootdown, a most excellent cover tune, and any of their groovy instrumentals!
    They had a unique personality driven sound
    I was just listening to their EP The In Sound from Way Out this morning. GROOVIN

Requiescat In PacÚ
    Are you implying that Ezio killed him?
    signature image
    You just gotta be right this time!

Rest In Peace to a great, talented artist. He will be missed.
    signature image