Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Hitman Series > Hitman: Absolution General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:57 AM
Reeky Man Reeky Man is offline
New Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Default will we see Diana naked?

so as we all know there's a part in the Absolution where 47 tries to kill Diana while she's in the shower, so my question is, will there be nudity?

I honestly hope the answer is yes, because I think the past Hitman game's avoidance of nudity was very silly, we all remember stuff like bikini clad strippers, or a woman showering while wearing a dress in Contracts, or the "Playboy mansion" level in Blood Money where not a single lady was topless and there was even a photographer taking pictures of a bikini clad woman despite this supposedly being for a Playboy type magazine!

I mean come on guys, we're all adults here, the Hitman series is rated M after all, I can understand why they couldn't get away with nudity in 2002/2004/2006, which was pretty darn taboo back then (and of course it's strange that graphic violence was ok, while bare breasts weren't) however these days a game can get away with nudity without raising a fuss at all, games like the God of War series or Heavy Rain

so the taboo has been broken and there's no reason not to have nudity in Absolution, if the Hitman series once again shies away from that I'll be disappointed
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-29-2012, 06:31 AM
nonprofitkilla nonprofitkilla is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 204
Default

^cant forget The Witcher 2. That game had the most nudity I've seen in a mainstream game
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-29-2012, 11:58 AM
branco18 branco18 is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Martin - Slovakia
Posts: 260
Default Find a girlfriend :)

Having girlfriend is much better then look on some animated chicks in the game! ))
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:12 PM
nirvana1's Avatar
nirvana1 nirvana1 is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Austria
Posts: 235
Default

sure,because agent 47 will wear her cloths

but i hope she never be naked,because hitman games no need something like this Vains
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-29-2012, 01:13 PM
GebelTheRebel's Avatar
GebelTheRebel GebelTheRebel is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by branco18 View Post
Having girlfriend is much better then look on some animated chicks in the game! ))
^ One up that.

Regardless if there is or isn't doesn't change anything about the game. Just eye candy for men...and some women.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:47 PM
BigBoss's Avatar
BigBoss BigBoss is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,041
Default

Even if a game is M, VERY few companies have the balls to actually push any sort of nudity. Most likely because it'll upset the retarded mothers of children who are perfectly fine buying their kids call of duty.
__________________
FACT: I am definitely without a doubt........ the Truest Fan of the Thief franchise.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-29-2012, 09:08 PM
mcescher1's Avatar
mcescher1 mcescher1 is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 443
Default

iiii think they would have to change the rating from Mature to Adult... and like an NC 17 movie you would need to show i.d. to buy it...

pretty sure

japan has a big market for like anime sex game type stuff if you want to see computer created boobies...

orrrrr buy a playboy
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-30-2012, 12:17 AM
BigBoss's Avatar
BigBoss BigBoss is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,041
Default

Tits alone don't warrant AO
__________________
FACT: I am definitely without a doubt........ the Truest Fan of the Thief franchise.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:38 AM
Shaikh's Avatar
Shaikh Shaikh is offline
Protagonist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,825
Default

What a thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana1 View Post

but i hope she never be naked,because hitman games no need something like this Vains
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:10 PM
RaduBox RaduBox is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 56
Default

i hope i get to see dianas bum
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:35 AM
Nick@IO Nick@IO is offline
IOI Community Manager
Eidos Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeky Man View Post
so as we all know there's a part in the Absolution where 47 tries to kill Diana while she's in the shower, so my question is, will there be nudity?

I honestly hope the answer is yes, because I think the past Hitman game's avoidance of nudity was very silly, we all remember stuff like bikini clad strippers, or a woman showering while wearing a dress in Contracts, or the "Playboy mansion" level in Blood Money where not a single lady was topless and there was even a photographer taking pictures of a bikini clad woman despite this supposedly being for a Playboy type magazine!

I mean come on guys, we're all adults here, the Hitman series is rated M after all, I can understand why they couldn't get away with nudity in 2002/2004/2006, which was pretty darn taboo back then (and of course it's strange that graphic violence was ok, while bare breasts weren't) however these days a game can get away with nudity without raising a fuss at all, games like the God of War series or Heavy Rain

so the taboo has been broken and there's no reason not to have nudity in Absolution, if the Hitman series once again shies away from that I'll be disappointed
Interesting question. As far as I know, we're not looking to censor anything but I suppose it would come down to regions and age ratings. Some versions might have nudity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
Even if a game is M, VERY few companies have the balls to actually push any sort of nudity. Most likely because it'll upset the retarded mothers of children who are perfectly fine buying their kids call of duty.
Need I remind you that we put both Kane & Lynch naked in Dog Days?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:57 AM
BigBoss's Avatar
BigBoss BigBoss is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,041
Default

Granted, you guys push the boundaries further than most and I'm grateful for that. Eidos has the best cast of characters and probably the most controversial in gaming, but that comparison is on par with the sims in terms of nudity(which is rated teen). I always wonder when the gaming community will get our "midnight cowboy" of video games.
__________________
FACT: I am definitely without a doubt........ the Truest Fan of the Thief franchise.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Wicked Spirit Wicked Spirit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
Default

There was plenty of nudity in the form of male genetalia in Hitman: Silent Assassin. It was just the wrong nudity
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-05-2012, 01:00 AM
Reeky Man Reeky Man is offline
New Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@IO View Post
Interesting question. As far as I know, we're not looking to censor anything but I suppose it would come down to regions and age ratings. Some versions might have nudity.



Need I remind you that we put both Kane & Lynch naked in Dog Days?
wow, I'm sorry but I can't help but be surprised to get an answer from one of the developers themselves, that is very cool

and thanks for the response
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 AM
mcescher1's Avatar
mcescher1 mcescher1 is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 443
Default

IO... dooooo ittttttt

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-05-2012, 12:21 PM
111BLACKLIGHTNING111 111BLACKLIGHTNING111 is offline
Permanent Vacation
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 77
Default

Nudity has no place in media, except for when you want porn.

When nudity is introduced into a media, it cuts out a huge chunk of the potential audience and therefore potential sales.

In addition, nothing is being gained by the player in having nudity in the game.

If the sole reason is for wanting porn, then that is illogical. When you experience a media you want to be immersed in it.

You could argue that the lack of nudity lowers immersion because it is "unrealistic", but alas that is also not true.

A casual cloth put over a body, or a body put in such a way that it's private parts are covered is in no way unrealistic.

I otherwise wouldnt mind if there was nudity anywhere, but the problem is that the people I live with don't agree. When you want to share a media with someone but can't because of it's content, that really sucks, and blows. It also sucks when you're parents (or spouse) approach you to get rid of the game because of it's content.

Please IO, no nudity.

Last edited by 111BLACKLIGHTNING111; 06-05-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Reeky Man Reeky Man is offline
New Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 111BLACKLIGHTNING111 View Post
Nudity has no place in media, except for when you want porn.
wow, that doesn't even begin to make sense. so what you're saying is there should never be nudity even in movies unless it's pornographic? I mean what the hell are you talking about?

and since when is nudity "pornographic"? it's not

Quote:
When nudity is introduced into a media, it cuts out a huge chunk of the potential audience and therefore potential sales.
it doesn't matter if the game is going to be M rated anyway, Hitman Absolution will be M rated regardless of whether there's nudity or not, so there's no loss of "potential audience"

Quote:
In addition, nothing is being gained by the player in having nudity in the game.
nothing is being lost either

Quote:
If the sole reason is for wanting porn, then that is illogical. When you experience a media you want to be immersed in it.
huh, what are you even talking about? is English not your first language?

Quote:
You could argue that the lack of nudity lowers immersion because it is "unrealistic", but alas that is also not true.

A casual cloth put over a body, or a body put in such a way that it's private parts are covered is in no way unrealistic.
guess what? it is unrealistic for strippers to be wearing bikinis, it is unrealistic for someone to be showering while wearing clothes and it is unrealistic for there to be no nudity at a "Playboy mansion" type party, I don't know what version of reality you're living in

Quote:
I otherwise wouldnt mind if there was nudity anywhere, but the problem is that the people I live with don't agree. When you want to share a media with someone but can't because of it's content, that really sucks, and blows. It also sucks when you're parents (or spouse) approach you to get rid of the game because of it's content.

Please IO, no nudity.
so you're fine with showing people a game where you can murder innocent people for money but OH NO WATCH OUT THERE'S SOME VIRTUAL BOOBIES!

this is all starting to remind me of the absurd outrage over the GTA San Andreas "Hot Coffee" incident
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-06-2012, 12:24 AM
111BLACKLIGHTNING111 111BLACKLIGHTNING111 is offline
Permanent Vacation
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeky Man View Post
Originally Posted by 111BLACKLIGHTNING111 View Post
Nudity has no place in media, except for when you want porn.

wow, that doesn't even begin to make sense. so what you're saying is there should never be nudity even in movies unless it's pornographic? I mean what the hell are you talking about?
What I'm saying is very simple. Porn and other media should stay separate.

Quote:
and since when is nudity "pornographic"? it's not
Unless it is by complete accident, by very definition nudity is pornographic.

Quote:
Quote:
When nudity is introduced into a media, it cuts out a huge chunk of the potential audience and therefore potential sales.

it doesn't matter if the game is going to be M rated anyway, Hitman Absolution will be M rated regardless of whether there's nudity or not, so there's no loss of "potential audience"
I never said I cared that Hitman Absolution was M did I? This is what we call strawmanning, when you quote something from someone that the someone did not say, or otherwise twist or obscure what was actually said.

And yes, nudity drives people away and therefore potential sales. Concerned spouses and parents take away the offending games and either get refunds or sell them used. In either case, a potential sale or many more is lost. Before a game is even purchased many people often look at the rating details. Nudity is an automatic "don't buy" for parents with gore and language sometimes being more forgivable.

It's really not rocket science.

Quote:
Quote:
In addition, nothing is being gained by the player in having nudity in the game.

nothing is being lost either
Wait... so you agree that nothing is being gained by way of nudity in media? So... like you're entire argument is pointless? Before you say I'm strawmanning think about the implications of you're reply.

I say something, you don't make the opposite claim but instead argue the opposite side of the argument. Since you haven't challenged my argument you imply you agree with it.

Oh, and yes I do believe customers are being lost.

Quote:
Quote:
If the sole reason is for wanting porn, then that is illogical. When you experience a media you want to be immersed in it.

huh, what are you even talking about? is English not your first language?
Huh, coming from someone who doesnt even capitalize the first word to a sentence.

Quote:
Quote:
You could argue that the lack of nudity lowers immersion because it is "unrealistic", but alas that is also not true.
A casual cloth put over a body, or a body put in such a way that it's private parts are covered is in no way unrealistic.

guess what? it is unrealistic for strippers to be wearing bikinis, it is unrealistic for someone to be showering while wearing clothes and it is unrealistic for there to be no nudity at a "Playboy mansion" type party, I don't know what version of reality you're living in
Okay, shower is an obvious one, but everything else you said is simply not true. What do strippers wear before they strip... what was it called... eh... clothing oh yeah. Maybe on the night 47 visits no one tips the strippers? Eh?

Also, as said, a person can be made to appear obviously naked without covering up their private parts without clothing. Didn't you ever watch little mermaid... or more relevantly, the Hitman teaser trailer with Diana shown naked in it, which is what this whole freaking thread is about, which shows diana is obviously naked, but doesnt actually show any of her private parts?

Strategic camera, set piece, and body placement can censor nudity without actually censoring it.

Quote:
Quote:
I otherwise wouldnt mind if there was nudity anywhere, but the problem is that the people I live with don't agree. When you want to share a media with someone but can't because of it's content, that really sucks, and blows. It also sucks when you're parents (or spouse) approach you to get rid of the game because of it's content.
Please IO, no nudity.

so you're fine with showing people a game where you can murder innocent people for money-
Criminals, murderers, perverts, otherwise scum and villainy. These people are not innocent, so much to the contrary that I actually consider killing them to not be murder.

I think officially 47 has never killed a civilian, but then again there was that priest and reporter in requiem... meh, they probably deserved it too.

And yes, nudity is worse than "strong language, gore" and whatever else might appear on the rating details.

Lets compare language, gore and nudity by associating them with certain physical experiences of pain.

Lets say a devout christian sees a zombie get decapitated; sudden headache.

Hears the phrase "fuhk you *"; slap to the face.

Sees a dead naked girl, vajayjay and everything; sledgehammer to the groin.

Quote:
but OH NO WATCH OUT THERE'S SOME VIRTUAL BOOBIES!
Hipster, find some other forum to *** with people.

Last edited by 111BLACKLIGHTNING111; 06-06-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-06-2012, 02:02 AM
Reeky Man Reeky Man is offline
New Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 111BLACKLIGHTNING111 View Post
What I'm saying is very simple. Porn and other media should stay separate.


Unless it is by complete accident, by very definition nudity is pornographic
so by your definition Michelangelo's David and other classic paintings to feature nudity are porno? mkay then


Quote:
I never said I cared that Hitman Absolution was M did I? This is what we call strawmanning, when you quote something from someone that the someone did not say, or otherwise twist or obscure what was actually said.

And yes, nudity drives people away and therefore potential sales. Concerned spouses and parents take away the offending games and either get refunds or sell them used. In either case, a potential sale or many more is lost. Before a game is even purchased many people often look at the rating details. Nudity is an automatic "don't buy" for parents with gore and language sometimes being more forgivable.

It's really not rocket science.
and yet plenty of games, such as the God of War series, have featured nudity and done quite well in sales, God of War 3 for example had the most graphic nudity I've ever seen in a game and yet it did quite well in sales (after all, there's going to be a God of War 4)

I mean heck, if anything I would say nudity would increase sales, sex sells after all

Quote:
Wait... so you agree that nothing is being gained by way of nudity in media? So... like you're entire argument is pointless? Before you say I'm strawmanning think about the implications of you're reply.

I say something, you don't make the opposite claim but instead argue the opposite side of the argument. Since you haven't challenged my argument you imply you agree with it.

Oh, and yes I do believe customers are being lost.
no, nudity does not have a direct effect on the actual gameplay of a game, but then again neither do pretty graphics or dozens of other purely aesthetic things developers put in games, it doesn't matter whether players "gain" anything from it


Quote:
Huh, coming from someone who doesnt even capitalize the first word to a sentence.
at least what I say makes sense


Quote:
Okay, shower is an obvious one, but everything else you said is simply not true. What do strippers wear before they strip... what was it called... eh... clothing oh yeah. Maybe on the night 47 visits no one tips the strippers? Eh?

Also, as said, a person can be made to appear obviously naked without covering up their private parts without clothing. Didn't you ever watch little mermaid... or more relevantly, the Hitman teaser trailer with Diana shown naked in it, which is what this whole freaking thread is about, which shows diana is obviously naked, but doesnt actually show any of her private parts?

Strategic camera, set piece, and body placement can censor nudity without actually censoring it.
true and that's what's been done in past Hitman games, what I'm saying is that I'm tired of the Hitman games skirting around nudity and would rather they just have the balls to show it instead of being so coy


Quote:
Criminals, murderers, perverts, otherwise scum and villainy. These people are not innocent, so much to the contrary that I actually consider killing them to not be murder.

I think officially 47 has never killed a civilian, but then again there was that priest and reporter in requiem... meh, they probably deserved it too.
you can kill plenty of innocent bystanders in all of the games, not just the "targets"

Quote:
And yes, nudity is worse than "strong language, gore" and whatever else might appear on the rating details.

Lets compare language, gore and nudity by associating them with certain physical experiences of pain.

Lets say a devout christian sees a zombie get decapitated; sudden headache.

Hears the phrase "fuhk you *"; slap to the face.

Sees a dead naked girl, vajayjay and everything; sledgehammer to the groin
I really have no clue what the point you're trying to make is, other than you think sexual content is worse than violence, a lot of people have that mindset, but it's still backwards, I mean what would you rather catch your kids doing? masturbating or killing animals?


Quote:
Hipster, find some other forum to *** with people.
Hipster?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-06-2012, 07:42 AM
BigBoss's Avatar
BigBoss BigBoss is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,041
Default

Blacklightning, you shouldn't be copying and pasting every post you make into a new thread that you create. You're just wasting more space than you already are with redundancies.
__________________
FACT: I am definitely without a doubt........ the Truest Fan of the Thief franchise.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-13-2012, 11:38 AM
4s4sin96's Avatar
4s4sin96 4s4sin96 is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Romania
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@IO View Post
Interesting question. As far as I know, we're not looking to censor anything but I suppose it would come down to regions and age ratings. Some versions might have nudity.



Need I remind you that we put both Kane & Lynch naked in Dog Days?
(.)(.)
__________________
4s4sin96
signature image
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Katie_Fleming's Avatar
Katie_Fleming Katie_Fleming is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 111BLACKLIGHTNING111 View Post
Nudity has no place in media, except for when you want porn.

When nudity is introduced into a media, it cuts out a huge chunk of the potential audience and therefore potential sales.

In addition, nothing is being gained by the player in having nudity in the game.

If the sole reason is for wanting porn, then that is illogical. When you experience a media you want to be immersed in it.

You could argue that the lack of nudity lowers immersion because it is "unrealistic", but alas that is also not true.

A casual cloth put over a body, or a body put in such a way that it's private parts are covered is in no way unrealistic.

I otherwise wouldnt mind if there was nudity anywhere, but the problem is that the people I live with don't agree. When you want to share a media with someone but can't because of it's content, that really sucks, and blows. It also sucks when you're parents (or spouse) approach you to get rid of the game because of it's content.

Please IO, no nudity.
Yep, I agree completely with this. You're buying a game, not a porno.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-13-2012, 09:11 PM
4s4sin96's Avatar
4s4sin96 4s4sin96 is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Romania
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_Fleming View Post
Yep, I agree completely with this. You're buying a game, not a porno.
Well, if somebody want's nudity in H:A, go and watch porn on Red Tube
__________________
4s4sin96
signature image
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-31-2012, 10:31 AM
USMCgrunt USMCgrunt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Default Extreme violance is ok but tits aren't??????

1. there has been nudity in art since it's inception, video games are an art form, why do we now consider nudity to be pornographic, stop being so prudish. do you sensor your own privates when you get in the shower.
2. nudity is not in it's nature "pornographic", it's only viewed that way by ridiculous conservatives.
3. nudity is something we find in life, we play video game to immerse ourselves in the life of the character. so true immersion would involve nudity, not for pornographic reasons, but because it's what happens.
4. the whole " it limits who can play the game", well if it's rated m, then those under 17 should not be playing it, so nudity should have no effect on perspective buyers.
5. back to one, I don't understand how we are ok with violence ( I am), extreme violence, drug use, etc, but again, nudity, a pair of harmless breasts, which we are all exposed to as soon as our mothers breast feed, suddenly causes everyone to freak out. grow up.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-01-2013, 04:34 PM
vivalapiet vivalapiet is offline
Gamer
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 49
Default

go buy a porn magazine if you wanna look at naked chicks..!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.