Eidos Forums
Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider (2013) General Discussion

Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 10:11 AM

Default Tomb-Raider II remake

Hi Tomb-Raider community. I have played all Tomb-Raider games since I bought my first PlayStation in 1998. I have to say that Tomb-Raider II was and still is my best experience. Whether it was for the story, the traps, the puzzles, the adventure, I mean, I loved every bit of it We are not talking about graphics here, cause we all know that good graphics alone are not enough to make a good game. I played all Tomb-Raider games a few times and I think I played Tomb_raider II like 20 times! I am sure there must be others who loved that game as much and would like to revive it again with better graphics. So, join me here to ask The developers to remake it. Cheers
Old 04-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Gamer

CD have already said that they won't be remaking any of the old TR games. It's a shame for all of us long-time fans but it's completely understandable. Just look forward to this upcoming game.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Protagonist

I think TR2 is the ultimate TR experience. It's my fav TR and in my top 3 games of all time. I love the spectacular locations in the game like boating through venice and climbing the great wall. There is such an incredible chilling atmosphere to The Opera House, The Maria Dora levels and Catacombs of the Talion and I love driving the little snowmobile. For scale, level design, music, combat and locations TR2 smashes it. I would love someone to remake the game but a direct remake. Venice, Opera House and the Deck would be amazing with better graphics.

You can tell I think TR2 is incredible and honestly I don't think TR will ever get up to that level again (though Legend was getting there). I know CD won't remake it anytime soon while they are updating the series but if they can learn more from what is a near prefect game then that would be great.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Protagonist

Tomb Raider II was my first and most favorite TR. I would love to see this happened. But its not going to happen.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Gamer

they dont have to make a remake of it but make it workable for todays systems. maybe change the controls for M&K and 360 controller and off you go. at least this sounds easier and quicker to do then remaking it.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:24 AM
Gamer

^ Amen to that brother
only if it would support controllers :|
Old 04-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
they dont have to make a remake of it but make it workable for todays systems. maybe change the controls for M&K and 360 controller and off you go. at least this sounds easier and quicker to do then remaking it.
They don't even have to bother with controls, just make it work on my freaking system. I remember I played TR3 just with keyboard on my old PC and it was fine. I even play Devil may cry on keyboard only, so of course I would play Tomb Raider.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Gamer

i rather they do change the controls. just plays better that way on a pc then just using the keyboard.
i coundt even finish off the demo back then because it was so terrible to control.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Gamer

You have a great idea. Imagine playing those great Tomb Raiders built in HD, big an environment to explore, more dialogue during the game-play, more puzzles, more actions to perform and etc. But the developers are lazy and they can't do that nor being creative enough. Look at this new up-coming Tomb Raider. They changed from an adventure game to survivor which is completely stupid. It indicate how the team is weak and can't create an adventure game like the original series. We know Lara as tough girl and skilled. Now, oh my God look at her. Running like homeless person to find some where to hide or to save her self.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Gamer

I think you should play before you judge the game
Old 05-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Gamer

I love love LOVE TR2. Video gaming at the absolute best. A remake would be awesome but CD have quite enough on their plate already to think of that. As for the homeless person comment I get where you are coming for and I'm desperate to see Lara looking a bit more glam again.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:45 AM
New Player

i would absoultly love it if CD remade TR2 but they have re-booted the whole series, they wont to try and do things their own way and how they wont the new lara croft to be.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Gamer

Agree with what everyone is saying. TR2 is probably the top game in the series for me but I don't believe CD will want to remake it.