Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Just Cause 2 > Just Cause 2 General Discussion

Old 04-28-2012, 04:37 AM
New Player

Default Biggest world with fewest things to do?

Well, i saw a poster with the comparison of all sandbox-maps and Just Cause 2 was on top of them. So i thought, that it would be nice to play a game once again, that has more than 10 hours of gameplay in it.

Started, wrecked some Chaos, helped the Reapers to take over some territory and earned some cash (200k chaos, 800k cash). Now, after beating both - the mission with the oil rig and its glitches - im stuck again. Go cause chaos you might say, but it feels like grinding in an MMO. Even more annoying is, that you have to pick up the crates to complete an areal.

Anyways, my question is - is there something else to do? Is there any management system like in Divinity II after a while or your own base or some sort of development? Anything but blowing things up with the same weapons and vehicles? I like it to cause havoc, joyfully dancing of the corpses of endless soldiers fallen under my awesomeness, but it just like listening to musik. I love to listen to speed metal on high volume for a while, but doing it the whole day would make me deaf and not very receptive for musik - thats how this game feels right now.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Protagonist

Long(ish) Answer: There is no management system per se, but you can still take over strongholds, take over bases, conquer settlements, and just overall generally fight around and cause chaos.

Short(ish) Answer: No, but it is still an awesome game.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:28 AM
New Player

A pity, but thx. Its just a real shame, that there is such a huge world and no real reason to explore it.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:28 PM
New Player

There is no real reason for any game! This just happens to be one of the most beautiful and Un restrictive games ever. Tether different vehicles to a plane and generally do things that would kill you in real life, that is the point of the game
Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasseopea View Post
A pity, but thx. Its just a real shame, that there is such a huge world and no real reason to explore it.
You're welcome. I usually explore just to look at the beautiful scenery and sometimes try to find some of those crate drop things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiasNilsson View Post
There is no real reason for any game! This just happens to be one of the most beautiful and Un restrictive games ever. Tether different vehicles to a plane and generally do things that would kill you in real life, that is the point of the game
^Exactly. The point of the game (or pretty much any game) is fun. Check out my sig for further proof (thanks Driber).
Old 04-30-2012, 01:50 AM
Protagonist

Just Cause 2 could use some secondary things to do, and maybe random stuff like in Red Dead Redemption and encounters in the world. Those things could make a good, fun game like Just Cause 2, a really long lasting masterpiece. Also, rewards. Collecting junk "just cause" is no fun and disappointing.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:25 AM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadistic_Sandbox_Player View Post
Just Cause 2 could use some secondary things to do, and maybe random stuff like in Red Dead Redemption and encounters in the world. Those things could make a good, fun game like Just Cause 2, a really long lasting masterpiece. Also, rewards. Collecting junk "just cause" is no fun and disappointing.
True, true. And nice pun. That's what I like what Ubisoft is doing with Assassin's Creed III. With the hunting, trading, and other side missions/random encounters.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:10 PM
iMod™
Eidos Administrator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zoo Boy View Post
^Exactly. The point of the game (or pretty much any game) is fun. Check out my sig for further proof (thanks Driber).
That quote is gonna continue biting me in the arse for years, isn't it
Old 05-01-2012, 01:18 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiasNilsson View Post
Not quite true. When playing Kingdoms of Amalur, i had a world full of opportunities, a variety of enemies, skills to learn and stuff to collect.

In Just Cause 2 you have an empty world, its beautiful, but empty. The enemies are all the same and even the Colonels are easily killed with some headshots. Upgrading vehicles makes no sense as they are to expensive to buy them all the time, upgrading weapons give a slight bonus but leave the weapon the same and i rather doubt that i will find all the trizillion thousand trophies in this world, so why start it?

Im not saying that this game is boring, its just quite...simple, a bit too simple and whilst you have a gory carnage in games like Prototype AND destruction, JS2 give only destruction.

Guess its just not my thing, no offense^^
Old 05-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driber View Post
That quote is gonna continue biting me in the arse for years, isn't it
You bet!!! But it's okay, I love that quote, it describes essentialy the essence of what a game is meant to be. It doesn't matter if a game does not have good graphics or something, as long as it's fun.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Protagonist

The real problem was that there wasn't enough main story missions for the size of the world. In a game like grand theft auto there would be tons of missions in every area but not so much in JC2. I would have liked also some more progression in how the cities changed as more of the overall world got liberated and less boxes to find in villages. Still I thought it was a very good game and with all the side missions and liberations to do maybe 4 or 5 the gameplay of most modern games.I would praise the fact they did make a game with lots to do.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:33 AM
New Player

Cool

For a lot of gamers once you beat the game and do reach 100% you could say, " what else is there to do ? ". Ive been playing the game since its release and the only thing keeping me into the series is by doing extreme things out of the already extreme style it is. Please view this link. It will open your eyes to the new possibilites that await you if you challenge yourself and want more. I dont think alot of people consider these type of challenges or fun because it takes time to get better but allow yourself to indulge on something new and exciting. It could very rekindle the fun you once had or the fun your not having.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27T01_qYpLI
Old 06-04-2012, 04:42 AM
Protagonist

It's seemed to me really daft to programme in this most massive world and then put so few of the agency missions in it. Still the liberations are fun to do though I prefer the way they were done in JC1.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasseopea View Post
Well, i saw a poster with the comparison of all sandbox-maps and Just Cause 2 was on top of them. So i thought, that it would be nice to play a game once again, that has more than 10 hours of gameplay in it.

Started, wrecked some Chaos, helped the Reapers to take over some territory and earned some cash (200k chaos, 800k cash). Now, after beating both - the mission with the oil rig and its glitches - im stuck again. Go cause chaos you might say, but it feels like grinding in an MMO. Even more annoying is, that you have to pick up the crates to complete an areal.

Anyways, my question is - is there something else to do? Is there any management system like in Divinity II after a while or your own base or some sort of development? Anything but blowing things up with the same weapons and vehicles? I like it to cause havoc, joyfully dancing of the corpses of endless soldiers fallen under my awesomeness, but it just like listening to musik. I love to listen to speed metal on high volume for a while, but doing it the whole day would make me deaf and not very receptive for musik - thats how this game feels right now.
Honestly, I guess this is totally a matter of taste. Because even though I have issues with this game, I seriously consider it to be one of the best sandbox games in history and one of my all time favorite games. To me, JC2, SR3, and San Andreas are just THE BEST. However, again, if you aren't into taking over settlements, causing tons of chaos, and exploring the awesome, gorgeous, and huge world like I am, then I can absolutely see why you find this boring. To me, I don't even care about the story. I have spent more hours playing and replaying this game from 0% to 100% (Yes, now with a PC mod, you can get 100%!!) that I just love it.

Race challenges, tons and tons of collections, weapons upgrades, extraction, Black Market, and just exploring the vast world blows me away to this day. By the way, in my honest opinion, one gameplay feature in this game that absolutely BLOWS ME AWAY to this day is traveling around using the slingshot. It is like webslinging as Spider-Man only without the need for buildings. This, in my opinion (propulsion using the grapple hook + parachute) is the single most innovative gameplay mechanic that I can think of in the last 10 years of gaming!

Again, though, this is all taste.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:01 AM

printing china is a good way to know about china.