Thread: Dolby surround sound doesn't work

Default Dolby surround sound doesn't work

It's supposed to make noises made infront of you louder making it very easy to spot a cloaker. Does it only work on old PCs?

Hey, I recently set - up my 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound system, and it works fine with my DVD. I bought the HD Pack for the Xbox. When my reciever is in Pro Logic mode, everything is fine. Pro Logic, however, is not true surround sound. When I put it on true surround, my center speaker doesn't work (I'm talking about Xbox only; as I said, it works fine with everything else). In fact, when I start up a game such as Halo 2, I hear this popping sound, as if the center speaker had just been switched off or something. Sometimes, on games such as Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, the center speaker works at the beginning when you see the Ubisoft logo, but not in the actual game. Now, my friend says that it's because the games I play don't support 5.1 Digital Dolby. At first I thought he was an idiot, because everyone raves about Halo 2's amazing 5.1 DD Surround Sound. In fact, here's the game profile for it here on Team Xbox.

Promote your hair growth with
    argan oil
    Last edited by Alvasin; 07-27-2011 at 10:22 PM.