Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Hitman Series > Hitman: Absolution General Discussion

Old 04-21-2012, 03:50 PM
New Player

Default Professional Mode?

So I didn't understand what people were having a problem with until I found this. My question is, are you going to have a Professional mode? For people who don't need, or in fact, get annoyed with all those contextual arrows everywhere? With the weird, x-ray vision that even tells you where everyone is going to walk to. The map that shows you where everyone is?

And, are ALL the levels like, Splinter Cell? Just go from point a to point b, take someone out, rinse and repeat? Are there not going to be the open levels we are familiar with? Are all the levels guided like that?

For an action film it's not bad. But is that the whole game? I just want an honest answer beforehand. So I know what I'm getting into with this. I hope you market it as such. "Hitman Action Thriller, A new type of Hitman."
Old 04-21-2012, 10:50 PM
New Player

they have allready confirmed you can chose to play without Instinct mode (the x-ray stuff as you call it^^).
In fact you can even choose "purist" mode, that removes all interface for the player, sounds pretty cool to me.
Yesterday we saw a screenshot of hitman disguised as s sherif, im pretty sure that indicates "open maps". However at this point im still a bit worrired, but my guess is there would be a mix between some linear maps for the story, with the majority of maps being open maps. I guess they show of the more linear maps because, its easier to show many new things in those.

(i can find source if you want, but it was from a videointerview from a site i don't usally read, so it migth take some time).

/Fumle
Old 04-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJustLikeYou47 View Post
So I didn't understand what people were having a problem with until I found this. My question is, are you going to have a Professional mode? For people who don't need, or in fact, get annoyed with all those contextual arrows everywhere? With the weird, x-ray vision that even tells you where everyone is going to walk to. The map that shows you where everyone is?

And, are ALL the levels like, Splinter Cell? Just go from point a to point b, take someone out, rinse and repeat? Are there not going to be the open levels we are familiar with? Are all the levels guided like that?

For an action film it's not bad. But is that the whole game? I just want an honest answer beforehand. So I know what I'm getting into with this. I hope you market it as such. "Hitman Action Thriller, A new type of Hitman."
So your telling that in H:BM and previous games u could not see where ppl going? I mean just open the map for a minute and you know the route .. btw, your comming very late, you can find all your questions on the forum already.. don't be lazy and read or alteast search your answers

And please, watch interviews.. all your questions were given 3 months ago