Thread: I am stuck at Thailand~~~:(

Unhappy I am stuck at Thailand~~~:(

I have opened the gate under the big shiva, using the gems. Now I am facing a "Naga statue". According to the assistance in PDA and the video on youtube by spoeluk, I should topple the statue so that it may smash the ground.

But I cannot, I mean I cannot topple the statue. I guess I missed some necessary step.
    But I cannot figure out what I should do. Could anyone please hint me? I saw other people have no difficulty to topple it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLcLId_bHBY

Thank you~!~~~
    Last edited by shallpion; 11-26-2008 at 11:47 PM.

What platform are you playing on?

Well, the trick is to grapple the ring and then pull it. So first press the grapple button, and then the action button (the one you use to pick up things and kick etc).
    signature image

Do you mean the stone thing you pull down using the grapple after you've gone under the Shiva statue - not heard of a problem here

Default Same problem

I have same problem. It simply won't fall.

How strange! It must be a sort of bug then. What platform are you both playing on?
    signature image

Default Platform

Im using WinXP x64

Yeah, I am also using WinXP

I doubt it is a bug.......5555

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    What platform are you playing on?

Well, the trick is to grapple the ring and then pull it. So first press the grapple button, and then the action button (the one you use to pick up things and kick etc).
    Thank you~~ I tried it, but it just does not get down

Quote Originally Posted by vidanovicd View Post
    I have same problem. It simply won't fall.

That is too bad 5555555

There's been a couple of threads about this already, it's yet another of Underworld's bugs/glitches. I have no idea if there's a solution beyond starting a fresh game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spong View Post
    There's been a couple of threads about this already, it's yet another of Underworld's bugs/glitches. I have no idea if there's a solution beyond starting a fresh game.
    Yes, I saw a guy tried to start the game from the beginning, but he failed....
    I hope Eidos may release some patch later

My friend gave me a save file, in which he succeeded pulling down the statue so that I could continue. I suggest any people who met this issue to look for such file from other people......

Quote Originally Posted by shallpion View Post
    My friend gave me a save file, in which he succeeded pulling down the statue so that I could continue. I suggest any people who met this issue to look for such file from other people......
    Ah, very good to hear this. It would be a shame if you couldn't finish the game because of this bug!
    Is this bug limited to the pc version?
    signature image

Default Same here

I have the exact same bug. Running Windows Vista (32 bit). I grapple the statue and press the "Action/Interact" button ("E" by default on the PC version). Lara starts to pull and the statue moves ever so slightly then the pull animation is aborted and she just shakes her head. Very annoying.

If Eidos is listening I'd very much like a fix for this. I'm enjoying the game but this has stymied me.

Quote Originally Posted by flippypup View Post
    I have the exact same bug. Running Windows Vista (32 bit). I grapple the statue and press the "Action/Interact" button ("E" by default on the PC version). Lara starts to pull and the statue moves ever so slightly then the pull animation is aborted and she just shakes her head. Very annoying.

If Eidos is listening I'd very much like a fix for this. I'm enjoying the game but this has stymied me.
    It is not that serious, just look for a save file to pass it~

Default Solution!

I found the solution to this problem on the Technical Discussion forum: Simply press the Interact button (the "e" key on the PC version) rapidly. Lara looks like she's having a seizure, but the statue does collapse. Do press the button fast!

Hope this helps.

Talking Thailand Naga Statue

I finally got around to playing this game. I found that there is a problem with the naga statue also. I am playing the PC version XP 32. I did not think that I could ever pull it down and searched forums and just kept trying. I saved before I pulled it down so if I ever figured it out, I could go back and practice. So here goes: Grapple the d**n thing, have the camera face Lara (with the players back to the statue) and just start tapping the "e" button very rapidly. If it does not work just keep trying and eventually you will pull the d**n thing down.

I had that same glitch. Pushing the action key like mad did actually not do it, but doing it for few seconds made the action work again after that and Lara pulled the state.