Eidos Forums

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Eidos Classics > Commandos Series > Commandos 3: Destination Berlin

Old 04-14-2004, 05:40 PM
New Player

Unhappy problem launching game - binkw32.dll

Hi all,
i have problem with launching the game - first it wasnt able to find binkw32.dll file and when i downloaded one from internet it says something like "BinxDX8Surfacetype was not found in binkw32.dll"
(free translation - noEng win2k ;-)
Whats wrong? Wrong type of bink32.dll?
Thanx for any replays.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Biomod
Eidos Moderator

Lightbulb

What version of DirectX do you have installed? I think you need Dx9 for commandos 3.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:05 PM
New Player

Unhappy

Hi again.
I installed DX9 together with the game. I am running win2k.
Btw. i foud newer version of binkw32.dll on net and now there is no error message.
But there is NO apparent ACTION at all after clicking exe file. Just hourglass icon for 1sec, but no sign of game, (not even in task list after pressing ctrl-alt-del).

So is this DX problem?

Last edited by peprik; 04-15-2004 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:41 PM

Hi I have similar problem launching the CD crack, I'm using win 7 ultimate 32-bit, Initially after installing the crack required some missing dll files like ogg.dll, vorbis.dll, msvcr70.dll and finally binkw32.dll, when I download them all and restart the computer to play crack file it says(the BinkW32.dll is installed in the windows or windows system directory - it must be installed in the application directory), now when I installed it in the Programme file it again shows the error (the program can't start because binkw32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem) what to do now?
Old 03-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Gamer

let's just say that i didn't see the word "crack" in your comment, and here's the solution to your problem: download radgametools from this link, this is the decoder for the .bik extension movies the game utilizes. good luck!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:40 AM

hi bro
i have installed xmen origin wolverine and after copying crack an error comes " the binkw32.dll file is installed in the windows or windows system directory - it must be installed in the application directory" what should i do ??? i have copied binkw32.dll file in system32 directory but the error is same and when i copied the in the game directory a new error came that " failed to find default engine .ini file to retrieve My Documents subdirectory to use. force quiting.
help me plz