Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Deus Ex: Human Revolution > DX:HR General Discussion

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Gamer

I'm not surprised, Sonic. A lot of streaming takes place in Flotsam, the texture load would have assuredly been too great for a card that old. What settings were you trying to running it at? TW2 is also very sensitive to which options you have turned on and off. Optimisation is the key.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Protagonist

I tried multiple combinations of settings.

The fact it couldn't run wasn't suprising, just disheartening due to the fact it ran fine enough through the prologue; even on the game recommended settings of 'high'.

I'll get around to playing it someday. A 560ti should be able to chug it. (I hope)
Old 04-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Gamer

Make sure ubersampling hasn’t been turned on by mistake i think that’s what melted my last Northbridge.

Oh and POM I hear from YouTube that your comrades on /v/ (I believe that’s the boards name) beat reddit’s sorry ass with a stale fish in the so called Shazbowl.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Gamer

Very correct. And thank your lucky stars, otherwise it would have been renamed Le Shazbowl.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Gamer

Good to hear old chap, and from what I have seen of the match on YouTube even a child struggling with broken controls could have trumped them effortlessly. I guess Reddit won’t be able to ever live this down.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Protagonist

Dark Souls port, apparently to use GFWL.

my interest is plunging.....
Old 04-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Community Tyrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kud13 View Post
Dark Souls port, apparently to use GFWL.

my interest is plunging.....
Are you sure it's GFWLive and not GFW? They are very different things.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Gamer

A quick Google tells me it's Games For Windows Live.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
Are you sure it's GFWLive and not GFW? They are very different things.
Confirmed by RPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicsidewinder View Post
I tried multiple combinations of settings.

The fact it couldn't run wasn't suprising, just disheartening due to the fact it ran fine enough through the prologue; even on the game recommended settings of 'high'.

I'll get around to playing it someday. A 560ti should be able to chug it. (I hope)
I managed to get through TW2 with a 9650M GT. Admittedly that was with every graphical option set to minimum and resolution not maxed but it was playable. Not sure I'd have wanted to try one of the harder difficulty levels though - I did get some lag in fights with multiple enemies.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:06 AM
Protagonist

I laughed out loud when I saw dark souls will be using GFWL. I just can't believe it. PC petition helped made the game happen, and then they decide to use GFWL? Seriously?

It's like when a little kid asks for icecream all the time, and when you finally give it to them, it will be some weird flavour. Maybe Dark Souls should have stayed on console. I really don't want Dark Souls to dissapoint in sales. The PC communit will be blamed for not buying the game and other companies won't bother with porting games from console to PC.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:19 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakka View Post
I really don't want Dark Souls to dissapoint in sales. The PC communit will be blamed for not buying the game and other companies won't bother with porting games from console to PC.
A thousand times, this.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretentious Old Man. View Post
Very correct. And thank your lucky stars, otherwise it would have been renamed Le Shazbowl.
Ugh, you're so right. I think it's interesting that despite Reddit's superior numbers and therefore theoretically superior selection pool, they lose to /v/ at every challenge that's happened so far. One of my friends has been trying to tell me that "Reddit is 4chan for adults," despite him never having spent any time on 4chan, and the only things he's heard about Reddit have come from positive experiences of one of our friends posting threads there regarding his art and having been held up at work. Naturally, coming from the perspective I have, the idea of Reddit being anything for adults is laughable, and I think the results of these challenges help support that.

As for Dark Souls, I can't believe that the PC community fought so hard to get this port and they decided to use the most loathed system in all of PC gaming. Now nobody is going to want to buy it because of Namco's own stupid mistake.

Last edited by Shralla; 04-12-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Protagonist

Wou guys! Looks like nothing I've ever seen before! take a look...

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2012...edal_of_honor/

Heh. I jest. More like 'nothing' I've 'never' seen before.

lol. People are propper peaking off it too.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Hero

Battlefield fans hating on Battlefield's little brother. Funny stuff.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Protagonist

Medal of honor 2011 might be the worst shooter I ever played.

Max Payne 3 BULLET TIME developer diary. Most important one. Looks solid but I miss the crazy gravity-defying scenes.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/de...payne-3/729075
Old 04-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shralla View Post
Ugh, you're so right. I think it's interesting that despite Reddit's superior numbers and therefore theoretically superior selection pool, they lose to /v/ at every challenge that's happened so far. One of my friends has been trying to tell me that "Reddit is 4chan for adults," despite him never having spent any time on 4chan, and the only things he's heard about Reddit have come from positive experiences of one of our friends posting threads there regarding his art and having been held up at work. Naturally, coming from the perspective I have, the idea of Reddit being anything for adults is laughable, and I think the results of these challenges help support that.

As for Dark Souls, I can't believe that the PC community fought so hard to get this port and they decided to use the most loathed system in all of PC gaming. Now nobody is going to want to buy it because of Namco's own stupid mistake.
although i've signed the petition, and I loathe GaWFL with a passion hotter than a newborn star, I understand why they did it--because the network code for GaFWL is so similar to M$oft's playboxlive.

this doesn't mean i'm willing to pay money to spend frustrated hours praying to every deity that on a 45,673rd attempt the GaFWL client will actually update itself and allow me to choose offline mode, at which point I can blissfully ignore it ever existed.

until 8 months later I pick up another awesome game saddled with it, and have to do it all over again.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakka View Post
I really don't want Dark Souls to dissapoint in sales. The PC communit will be blamed for not buying the game and other companies won't bother with porting games from console to PC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerim View Post
A thousand times, this.
Thousand and one-th'd. Or whatever the phrase is. Basically, I agree.

I already own Dark Souls on both 360 and PS3, and I'll probably buy the PC version when it comes out. Why? Because I would like to see MORE OF THIS KIND OF THING, please.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:59 AM
Gamer

Not trying to troll you guys, but what's so especially bad about GFWL? Besides it being a piece of software that noone really wants or needs it never gave me any trouble. I just created an offline profile and it never bothered me. Way better than the trash rockstar forced me to install.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:22 AM
Protagonist

there are thos,e like you, who are fortunate with it.

in my experience, running 3/4 games that I have played that use GaWFL resulted in each time the client locking me out of the game, due to its need to "update". Said update process would inevitably fail, continuously, about 15 times in a row, leading me to having to re-install GaWFL, at which point I would be either unable to get on their site to download a fresh installer, or the installer would be faulty, crashing halfway through, leading me to have to look on the internet for a diffferent installer, and then having to go through the update process again..... taking up, on average, 2 hours per game to set up. so that I may finally select "offline mode" and forget that it ever existed.

Untill next time, usually about 8 months down the road, I'd try another game that uses GaWFL, and i'd ahve to do it all over again.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:59 AM
Gamer

Ok, that sounds horrible...I don't have too many games that use it, so maybe I just got lucky. That said, I hate the idea that every publisher expects us to install their own crappy version of a launcher software...Some games need steam, others go with GFWL and then there's rockstar social club, origin, uplay(not that I'll ever buy a game using this)...*sigh* Where will it end?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:17 AM
Protagonist

Some sweet frags for the oldschoolers here

Old 04-13-2012, 05:31 AM
Gamer

Reminds me of when I played nothing but UT 2004 for days on end. Damn I was a good sniper back then on the facing worlds map.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Protagonist

Ahhh...

Highschool days of LAN in the library playing UT99 and Mech Commander when we should'a been hard studying.

lol. one guy was reprimanded for writing 'gay' on a wall with a link gun.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Hero

The Techno-Egyptian facing worlds or the classic? I don't like how they nerfed the sniper rifle in ut2k4. The lightning-gun was always a better choice, imo.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Gamer

I was good at both but I preferred classic facing worlds due to the familiarity of the layout. As for the nerf I can’t say I really noticed it nor did other players since I annoyed them enough to warrant a nuke every few minutes.