Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Hitman Series > Hitman: Absolution General Discussion

Old 03-06-2012, 01:59 PM

Will the weapon and load out customization be brought to Hitman Absolution and if it is, will the customization be deeper or how will you do it?
And a second question, will there be more of a "sand box" experience as in most missions in Blood Money of will the missions be as linear as they appeared in the play through that was publicized?
Old 03-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Gamer

It may of been asked but can you rig bodies with explosives or gas? I know in the new sniper elite you can I think it would be a good feature in Hitman.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Permanent Vacation

Since the main idea of Hitman Absolution is based on cinematic experience, can we expect the "CAST" at the end of the game with the names of all "actors" whose images were used in action or not, due to legal prosecution?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:26 PM
New Player

Exclamation

You know It's a very important question for every player, so please give us some more information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimalozz View Post
Can you tell us more about saving in the game?
I heard there will be a checkpoint system, but It associated with more linear gameplay, isn't it?
Can we save and load the game in every moment and every place?
Checkpoints will be in a special places or in special moment, for example when we kill one of the targets or escape from one location to another? Or it simply takes us in a save place when we die like it was in Hitman: codename 47? But in this case we can't change bad history and fix our mistakes (founded bodies, alerts, etc).
I think that saving in Blood Money was good.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Gamer

^ I really would like to know that too. I have not played blood money in FOREVER but I've been playing Hitman 2 and contracts and I like the save whenever/wherever but only have a limited number system.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Permanent Vacation

Was the architecture of Rosewood Orphanage inspired by House of Refuge Church of God in Christ ( 215 E. 61st Street Chicago, IL) or not, due to legal reason?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did IOI consider the question to free the crosshair of gun in precision mode similar to Freedom Fighters? Kane and Lynch style of focus (with stuck crosshair) looks too awkward and coarse.

Last edited by sgg847; 03-14-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:32 PM
New Player

I think a great Idea that would add to the game mechanics - would be to make accessing the Briefing / Map something that would physically require 47 to take out his laptop and view the intel there in real time / without pausing the game (as in all the other hitmans. Think of it as accessing a computer / OPSAT in Splinter Cell - the game still goes on in the background (leave it to double agent to ruin that). I believe it would add much to the gameplay mechanics and make things more difficult - which (i believe most hitman fans would agree) would make the game more challenging, which would make it more fun.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:36 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_man View Post
are you guys gonna eventually or do you plan on making a version for PS Vita? or if you ever decide to release the older hitman games will you make them for PS Vita?
I have been trying to find a reason to buy the vita - it really could be a hit or a complete miss. It all comes down to the games. IF they are able to create more console type games (preferably direct ports rather than WII versions - as an example COD on the wii sucks...)

Additionally (I know this has little to do with Absolution) but there is nothing.... NOTHING keeping devs from making HD remakes of the older games, and if they made them available on the Vita? It would sell like the ipad... I'm serious. I would go out the next day and buy one.

I've been waiting for splinter cell to do something like (announcing to...) port their games to the vita before I buy one. you know something cool.

Whatever happens... just don't make anything like splinter cell: essentials... half assed versions of games just suck.

BTW sry double post...

Last edited by DLovas_; 03-20-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: apologized for double post.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:40 AM
Gamer

Will the guards notice when people start disappearing? I finished levels killing everybody silently, but the guards never thougt "Hey, were the is everybody?"
Old 03-28-2012, 12:29 AM

Will there be a way to hide two-handed guns? Like a violoncello case or something.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:24 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Homissare View Post
Will there be a way to hide two-handed guns? Like a violoncello case or something.
I was thinking the same thing, hope they finally fix that. It would be awesome to unpack your shotgun and blow away the target!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:39 AM
New Player

Default Hitman collection

I wondered if Hitman Absolution would be available on steam for digital purchase after release. At the moment there is a Hitman Collection on steam with just THREE previous Hitman titles. I wondered if Hitman Absolution would be added to that collection. It would be appreciated if Eidos took it times and even added Hitman Contracts to that collection when they update the package. It's ironic to call it collection with missing titles.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Gamer

Can we get a date for the release date announcement
Old 03-30-2012, 02:59 AM
Gamer

Will there be special ratings like: pianoman, slugger or insurance agent, and if so, will there be any new one’s?
Old 03-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Permanent Vacation

Today the most developers ignore Force Feedback / Vibration as component of gameplay, limiting it to the fire. I think it is not proper for fans of gamepad.
There is a question in this case.
Can we expect Vibration/Feedback as one of the key component of control system?
Judge by the walkthrough and the new abilities of the main hero Vibration/Advance vibration (when a gamepad tries to leave the hands ) should be at least part of the settings.
Running, climbing, shielding, damaging, killing, fighting, observing and blending by instinct, motion scenes and scenes similar to "with helicopter should be accompanied by Force Feedback.

Last edited by sgg847; 04-02-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:25 PM

Default Blood Trail

What about the blood trail from people you killed (H:Blood Money), will it be back on Absolution?
Speaking of blood, how are you guys working on it? will the bodies have blood decals?

Regards from Brasil!

Old 04-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Permanent Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choksquaker View Post
What about the blood trail from people you killed (H:Blood Money), will it be back on Absolution?
Speaking of blood, how are you guys working on it? will the bodies have blood decals?

Regards from Brasil!

99% want boring pacifist stealth so blood will scare them to death.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:00 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgg847 View Post
99% want boring pacifist stealth so blood will scare them to death.
Man you just like to cause problems don't you? The reason 99% of the people on here (which translates to pretty much 2% of the entire gaming franchise nowadays) is because we played the old hitmans and LIKED them. We like stealth because it's more challenging and in many ways more fun. Just like in Chaos theory the mechanics were well balanced... You seem to think that those of us who desire stealth only desire stealth... But if they took out some assault tactics that'd piss us off too.... Because hat we mainly want isn't stealth - but rather, more options. The arguments here are all centered around the principle that The older hitmans are being abandoned.. And we're pissed because the devs could easily satisfy both types of consumers... We just think the focus of the devs should be on their loyal customers... Not the mass market (who still probably won't buy the game)

Just look at what happened to conviction.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:16 PM

Exclamation Hey guys!!

After playing all the missions, it would be nice with something to do... I like the idea of the "Hideout" in HBM but it honestly wasn't all that fun... It would be funny if you could go around roaming the streets or play the levels again without enemies or just passive AI's just to explore...

Is there any chance something like this could happen??
Old 04-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Permanent Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLovas_ View Post
Man you just like to cause problems don't you?
I solve problems.

Quote:
The reason 99% of the people on here (which translates to pretty much 2% of the entire gaming franchise nowadays) is because we played the old hitmans and LIKED them.
I am glad for you.

Quote:
We like stealth because it's more challenging and in many ways more fun.
Stealth is boring, nerd and dead genre.

Quote:
Just like in Chaos theory the mechanics were well balanced...
Hitman: Chaos theory? Never heard.

Quote:
You seem to think that those of us who desire stealth only desire stealth. But if they took out some assault tactics that'd piss us off too. Because hat we mainly want isn't stealth - but rather, more options.
Yes. 99% those, who desire stealth, use 90% of their playtime for action.
They want action, but stealth breaks it.

Quote:
The arguments here are all centered around the principle that The older hitmans are being abandoned.
They should have abandoned this series after H2SA or at least made pause for a while.

Quote:
And we're pissed because the devs could easily satisfy both types of consumers... We just think the focus of the devs should be on their loyal customers... Not the mass market (who still probably won't buy the game)
If they continue focusing on "the loyal fans" by excluding instinct and other interesting features from the game then no one will buy this game because nobody wants to buy "Parody on Hitman 2 Silent Assassin Part 3".

Quote:
Just look at what happened to conviction.
What happened with Conviction? Good and entertaining game.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Gamer

I don't want to be complaining, (but am going to do it anyway) but I believe I should mention that none of these questions are being answered? It's been a month and we are waiting IOI!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Permanent Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtmea View Post
I don't want to be complaining, (but am going to do it anyway) but I believe I should mention that none of these questions are being answered? It's been a month and we are waiting IOI!
Wake up, wake up .... it is dawn of a new day.
I am going to tell you the bitter truth - nobody is going to answer on the questions. This topic is nothing else as your wishes concerning to the future game and most of all it is a part of discussions between members.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Wake up, wake up .... it is dawn of a new day.
I am going to tell you the bitter truth - nobody is going to answer on the questions. This topic is nothing else as your wishes concerning to the future game and most of all it is a part of discussions between members.
Wake up, wake up... it is the dawn of a new day.

There is an answer threat precisely 4 places underneath this one, which was supposed to be updated every month.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:49 AM
New Player

Default when hitman coming out

when is hitman coming out im a huge fan ive all ready seen some of the game play and it must be ready to release soon not cristmas but in the summer
Old 04-05-2012, 12:54 AM
New Player

Quote:
I solve problems.

I am glad for you.

Stealth is boring, nerd and dead genre.

Hitman: Chaos theory? Never heard.

Yes. 99% those, who desire stealth, use 90% of their playtime for action.
They want action, but stealth breaks it.

They should have abandoned this series after H2SA or at least made pause for a while.

If they continue focusing on "the loyal fans" by excluding instinct and other interesting features from the game then no one will buy this game because nobody wants to buy "Parody on Hitman 2 Silent Assassin Part 3".

What happened with Conviction? Good and entertaining game.
that is wrong hitmans been all about stealth if you messed up you could go back and changed your out fit and try to be invisable