Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider: Anniversary > Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Old 08-07-2011, 04:51 AM
Gamer

Lightbulb Shouldn't there have been a motorcycle level in Anniversary?

Does anybody agree that Tomb Raider Anniversary should have had a bike level like Legends and Underworld did? I was thinking that after Natla and her buddies took the Scion from Lara.. the next level should have contained a bike level to Natla's boat.

-William
facebook.com/willjustice89
Old 08-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Gamer

I think they wanted to keep it as close to the original TR as possible so that is probably why there was no motorcycle level. Plus, if Lara had this long journey on a motorcycle to get to Lara' s boat, similar to Legend to get to the train or to get to Anaya there was probably a good chance she would have lost it by a certain point since it seemed to have traveled a long way.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Protagonist

Think TRL did what could be done with the motorcycle. I would have liked a Japan style level for how Lara broke into Natla industries to find out with Pierre had gone. Could have been exciting.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:54 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemmaDarkmoon View Post
Think TRL did what could be done with the motorcycle. I would have liked a Japan style level for how Lara broke into Natla industries to find out with Pierre had gone. Could have been exciting.
Yep I agree. It could have sort of been like the museum level in Angel of Darkness. Where you have to sneak into Natla Industries and avoid the guards and stuff. Or, like you said Japan level style from TRL.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:30 AM
New Player

I disagree. The bike levels in Legend were really uninteresting and the enemy(cheap, cheating bastards) just kept on spawning. You just know it would have been the same if it was in Anniversary.
The bike levels in Underworld were good because it was just a powerful and muddy vehicle and not a mini-game of Mach-Rider.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:46 AM
Gamer

tbh no I don't think so, that wasn't a good idea, and actually if there would be a bike, where you want to like ride it on?! Beside on the original game it isn't a bike levels anymore.

We have the cinematic part, that's fair enough.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 AM
New Player

I enjoyed the bike levels from Legend and it would have been cool as the fourth egypt level seen as it only had 3.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:54 AM
Gamer

In one of cinematics towards the end of the game, you can see Lara doing a huge bike leap to get to the Natla's baddies' boat (I think you have it in TR1 as well but that's beside the point). It would be actually a nice idea to let players ride the bike on their own, I'd love that then again, it might feel tad bit repetitive after the Legend's Peru and Kazakhstan levels
Old 05-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Gamer

The bike leap is in cutscenes in both games. I would have liked to have a couple of new bits like the raid on Natla's offices after Tomb of Qualopec. With the bike it would have been cool to have to do a bit of biking at the start and end of the egypt section instead of just in cutscene.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Gamer

Yes, a bike level would be cool in the game; although between TR1 and TR Anniversary, I still prefere the classics.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:40 PM
New Player

It would have been a nice addition but I guess there was never one in the original.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:32 AM
Gamer

There never was in the original but it might have been a nice thing to put in. It worked only okay though in Legend so maybe that's why they left it out.