Eidos Forums

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Eidos Classics > Thief Series > Thief - Dromed Designers Corner

Old 08-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Gamer

Excellent screenshots!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Gamer

Post Current Stats...

Things are looking really good in the 7th mission. I'm getting close to finish up and moving on to the next mission. In mission 8 Saria will be looking for Garrett after coming back from the Occult Woods. Unlike what happened to Garrett in the 7th mission, Saria couldn't get in the Smelter Tomb. So she looks for Garrett in another city. If you've played any of my FMs, then you'll know what city it is.

Now this city will have some differences that Garrett couldn't get to before. And there will be one particular area that Saria can't get to either.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Gamer

Post 5th Mission Video Preview...

I've just uploaded a video on youtube. It's a preview of the fifth mission, "The Secret of the Occult Woods"
Here's a link: Click here.

This shows Saria's game play. You'll notice that she is a bit faster than Garrett, and her light gem is more sensitive.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Gamer

Post Current Stats...

So far, so good. At the moment, I'm creating and taking out parts of the city in the 8th mission. Right now, I'm titling it "The Imposter". The south side is a little over halfway done, terrain wise. I'm hoping I won't have to take out too much. But if I have to, I can adapt to it with having certain areas that are unnecessary blocked by closed non-frobable gates. There may be a few alterations to the map because I'm using the version of the mission I was trying to update. The only hard parts of making this mission will be keeping it below the brush limit and making sure the events that happen while interacting with a few AIs to work properly. As for the next mission, I'm kinda fighting between two scenarios. Either I have a former Keeper confronting Saria or she discovers on how to use the time stones that she obtained.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:35 PM
Gamer

Post Current Stats...

Mission 8, "The Imposter", is pretty much done. I may or may not need to add more AIs in it though. Anyway, all of the objectives are in and working. Now it's time for me to start on the 9th mission. I'm still at the fork of the road here. At this point of the storyline, Garrett was sent on a magical journey to who knows where, and Saria is going back to the Hammerite High Priest, Richter to gather info on the the tomb Garrett was in. So here's my question. Which of the two characters should I start next?

Here's how the storyline scenario sequence is lined up so far:
M1 - Garrett
M2 - Garrett
M3 - Garrett
M4 - Saria
M5 - Saria
M6 - Garrett
M7 - Garrett
M8 - Saria
Old 01-31-2012, 09:53 PM
Eidos Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORT View Post
So here's my question. Which of the two characters should I start next?
Without having an outline of the story and how it fits into the previous missions, I cannot begin to answer that question. I'd be happy to look at an outline and give my opinion. Also to test this monster. Drop me a PM if you are interested.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Gamer

I'll have to make sure I have all of the missions done and have the real voice actors first before anyone can beta tested it. The TTS voices could drive the testers nuts (Especially with Microsoft Sam's voice). I'll PM you the outline of the story.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Gamer

Default Storyline PMed

@ Peter Smith: OK. I've just PMed the basic storyline to you. Would of done it sooner, but I had to get to work before I was late.
If you have any questions about it, I would like them PMed so the storyline won't spoiled here.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Gamer

OK, I'm working on the 9th mission titled "The Forgotten Kingdom". It will continue on Saria's scenario. Since Saria was unable to find Garrett in neither of the cities and couldn't get in Smelter Tomb, she goes back and tells High Priest Richter about her efforts. Richter was reminded of the story about an old kingdom through a mountain pass north from Smelter Volcano. It's been decades since anyone has even talked about it that nobody knows if it ever existed. But the important part of the story is that it had a interesting link with Smelter Tomb. After he was done with the story, there was a faint rumbling and a boom sound coming from the north mountain range. They quickly run outside look around. There was a strange glow in the mountains. Both Richter and Saria decided that she should check it out, hoping to find Garrett.

So far, there's a lot of map building to do here. The first part is going to be kind of like a abandoned city. I want the feel of this part of the mission to be similar to the OM "The Haunted Cathedral" in Thief 1, but in this mission the buildings will have a bit more detail and the player will be able to get on a few rooftops as well. At the moment, it looks promising. But the main focus will be in the huge castle. I'm really hoping that I can pull this off without too many problems.

@ Peter Smith: I'm still working on the storyline. Right now I'm reworking on Chapter (or mission) 4: A City with Problems.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:59 AM
Gamer

Post Pics of the 9th mission so far...

OK. I've got about 25% of the map layout done. Here are a few pics of the mission so far. Remember, these are early versions of the mission.

The Beginning of the city.

Another part of the city.

The castle's main entrance.

One of the castle's hallways.

Part of the castle's garden.

Outside part of the garden.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Gamer

Post Current Stats...

Things are moving a bit slow, but I am still making progress. Right now, I'm working on the third floor of the castle. This will be where the king's, queen's and most loyal knight's bedrooms are at. The library has become a great two-story success. The total architecture of the mission is about 2/3 done. The next mission will have Saria finding Garrett while they discover Sir Edward's dark plans of an archaeology discovery (Remember a Mechanist's note in the mission "Contradiction"?).

On top of all this, I've finally figured out how to end this FM set. So I am now trying to cap this all off with the maximum of 12 missions. However, I may need to make a part 3 sometime in the future to complete the whole big story. We'll have to see what happens with this one when it actually gets to it's final state.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Gamer

Post Current Stats...

I'm almost done with the architecture (well over 3/4 done). Now I'm getting the AIs, puzzles, and objectives in the mission. Also, I'm trying to create those classic type briefing movies with either one of the characters narrating, depending on the mission. And I'm creating the music for this whole FM set with the Yamaha SXG-50 MIDI driver. I still got a lot on my plate here, but at least I'm still progressing, staying at a mission cap of 12. I just hope that I can get this ready some time this year...
Old 05-30-2012, 01:35 AM
Gamer

Post Current Stats...

Well, the ninth mission is almost done. I just need to put in objectives, check the AIs' paths, and make sure the conversations are working correctly. After this mission I'll have 3 more to go. I'm trying my hardest not to go over a total of 12 missions (so far, so good on that part).

The next mission will take place on the high regions of the northern mountain range pass the forgotten kingdom. This is where Saria and Garrett re-unite and discover the just what Edward's plan.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Gamer

Post Current Stats...

Well, things are kind of slowing down a bit. Right now, I'm trying to get whole morning view work correctly. My first plan was to use distant art for background mountain ranges, but it didn't go so well. So, I've decided to create a greatly scaled half-sphere (about 200x200x80) with custom made tga files (9 of them so far), and throw it in the middle of the open terrain. Here's what I've got so far...

Now this was only a test. I may do some more editing on those tga files. There is a hell of a lot for me to create in this mission. All and all, I think I'm getting on the right track for this mission.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:50 AM
Gamer

Post Current Stats...

Things are going quite well in the 10th mission. The architecture is getting close to being done. I just need to finish up final area of the mission. Then I'll be able to put in the rest of the stuff. In this mission, I've decided that your Saria, searching for Garrett. He is somewhere in this mission, but the both of them also will discover Sir Edward's plan that he had with the king in Smelter City.
Here are some more pics.

After this mission, I'm going to make the flying mission. In this mission, both Garrett and Saria talk to Richter about Sir Edward's plan. With the help of Richter's fellow Hammerites they construct a flying machine that will take Garrett and Saria to Sir Edward's black zeppelin. It's going to be a lot of work, but I think I can do it.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Protagonist

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORT View Post
At the moment this is what the title screen looks like. It was kinda quickly made.

For some reason, I couldn't just copy the whole title. So, here's just the main.pcx file.
I might change it a bit. What do you guys think of it?
GORT: why you didn't inform me about this thread?? You know I'm a really big fan of TROTB, so I would have been glad to read it. I'll keep an eye opened on it.

Nevermind, I think there's still some work to do on this pic.

Give a shout if you are online!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Gamer

Hi, massimilianogoi. I've been pretty busy lately. That pic there is just temperarly there. I'll be making a more suitable one later on.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Protagonist

at what percentage you are?

Is there something I can betatest?
Old 12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Gamer

Not at the moment. There is still much to be done. Right now, I'm still working on the 10th mission out of a total of 12 missions. The architecture is over 2/3 done. Mainly, its the ruins on the highest peak of the mountain I'm working on. This is the final area of the mission where you'll find the Mechanist trying to carry out Sir Edward's plans. So far, missions from 1 to 9 are in their completable alpha states. I'm still not ready to bring any of them out for beta-testing.

To top it all, this is the busy end of the year at my work place. Because of this, my free time is a bit scarce. I'll still go at this, it just that it will be at a slower pace.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Protagonist

Don't worry I'll patiently and trusty wait.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Gamer

Post Moving TROTB 2 to v1.19...

Things are going to take while before I get back to speed on this FM set. I'm converting all of the missions here to version 1.19. It's for the best. So far, I don't have to go from scratch just yet. It's just mainly redoing a few brushes here and there. I did, however, had to reduce some of the particle attachments on my fire creature, but with the blooming effects it turned out fine. I will have to go back on each mission I've already done. More ideas are forming in my head. I can do more things in my missions now than before.

So, this might take even longer to make, but I think its worth it. Who knows. I might update it all up just as quick as I've made each of these missions. Wish me luck!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Gamer

Thumbs up Converted to v1.19

Yup. After doing some troubleshooting with dealing with those odd terrain brushes, I've finally got all of my missions to work in v1.19. Well, almost all of them. I'm currently redoing the 10th mission and I must say that its looking much better than before. This version is more forgiving when it comes to certain assertion errors than in v1.18 .
Old 02-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Gamer

Default Current Stats...

OK, I'm pretty much caught up to where I was before switching to v1.19. I'm still working on the 10th mission, but I'm a bit over half-way done with the architecture of the whole mission. All I got to do is get the palace created. Then setup objectives and what-not. Here an updated pic of the palace entrance.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Gamer

Here's a video of the Fire section of the Mountain Palace of the 10th mission.
Click Here.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:26 AM
Gamer

Post Current Stats...

I'm very pleased on how the 10th mission is working out. I'm currently working on the Ice Section of the Mountain Palace. The Fire Section is pretty much done, unless I figure out something new to make it more challenging. Just remember that this FM set requires the blooming effects to make certain things look right (ex: The Sunlight, Fire Creatures, and other lit up things.). As it stands, I would have to say that the architecture is at about 75% done. I have to say. So far, this mission takes a bit longer, as a whole, to optimize than the other missions in this FM set. Probably because of all of those 26-sided cylinders I've used for tunnels and spiral staircases inside the mountain. Still, its a whole lot faster than on v1.18. I'm also making good use of the mtl files for ice shine and mountain snow glow. Well, I've better get back to work on it. You guys have been waiting for a long time for this FM set to come out. It's just that v1.19 have opened a few doors to me and I want to take advantage of them.