Eidos Forums

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Hitman Series > Hitman: Contracts

Old 07-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Kindred

Question Hitman story

I understand that the hitman is the clone #47.2 and that he killed all the other clones and the scientist that made him.
here are my questions:
1- Why did he kill them?
2- How did he become part of the "agency"?
Old 07-29-2004, 02:58 PM
IronChitlin

Ok in Codename: 47, our lovable hero escapes from a mental hosptial with the help of a mysterious voice in his head. I dont know if it specified how he got involved in the Agency but I assume it had something to to with that voice.

Anyway 47 accepts some jobs to kill four people, Lee Hong, Pablo Belisario Ochoa, Franz Fuchs, and Boris. All of these men had certain connections to Professor Ort-Meyer. After these four were eliminated, 47 was given another assignment to kill someone, only to find that it was a setup. 47 escapes the trap and heads down into the Asylum to find Ort-Meyer.

At this point Ort-Meyer sends all the other clones at 47, they all die, 47 shoots Ort-Meyer and thats where the beginning of Contracts picks up.

So thats basically the gist of it right there.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Kindred

Since he was assigned to kill 4 people, i presume the agency assigned him to do so. Th 5th job was a setup, then its the agency that set him up?
Old 07-29-2004, 06:33 PM
IronChitlin

sorry, I wasnt very clear on that part. It was the client (Professor Otto Wolfgang Ort-Meyer) who gave him those hits to perform, though the instructions and whatnot came through the Agency. His client used him to get rid of the four I named, and used the last hit to kill 47 as a way of eliminating the evidence. The Agency was nothing more than a middle-man.

Sorry for the confusion there.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Kindred

no problem, so the full story is:

47 escapes from the mental hosptial, where he was cloned by professor Otto Wolfgang Ort-Meyer, with the help of a mysterious voice in his head. That voice is most probably responsible for his involvement in the Agency. His first client, Professor Ort-Meyer himself, tells him to kill 4 people; Lee Hong, Pablo Belisario Ochoa, Franz Fuchs, and Boris. The information about the hit and the targets were given to 47 by the agency. All of these men had certain connections to the client. After these four men were eliminated, 47 was given another assignment to kill someone, only to find out that it was a setup. Ort Meyer wanted to use the last hit to kill 47 as a way of eliminating the evidence. The Agency was nothing more than a middle-man. 47 escapes the trap and heads down into the Asylum to find Ort-Meyer. At this point Ort-Meyer sends all the other clones to kill 47. 47 kills them all and shoots Ort-Meyer and thats where the beginning of Contracts picks up.

now 2 thing on my mind:
1-Whats 47's real name? They mention it in Hitman 2 but i forgot.
2- He killed all the other 46 clones!!?? What a Beast! lol
Old 07-29-2004, 08:57 PM
IronChitlin

rofl!

As far as I know his only real name is #47, however he has created aliases, his most used one being Tobias Reiper. That was the one he was called in H2, but he has used other names such as Mr. Metzger (Traditions of the Trade).

As for killing all 46 others, somehow I dont think so, because if you remember in the second to last level of H2 he meets another clone, Mr. 17, who is promptly killed. Also in Contracts you can see several people in tanks who bear a strong resemblence to our very bald hero. The fact that 47 met another clone several years after the whole ordeal, could mean that there are more out there.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Kindred

oh ok kool thanks for your help.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:39 AM
New Player

I Think 47 has been forced to work for the agency, by some kind of manipulation. the agency is clearly Dr. Ort meyer, all from the beginning. we are speaking of a cloned man here, no feelings and he does not have the biggest intelligence.

Dr. Ort meyer and the targets. Lee Hong etc. have some kind of a secret bad guys club. read all the letters you can find in the first hitman game, a lot of the answers is there. They all know about 47, and have helped with the creating of him, at some kind. money, weapons, security maybe. In the letter Pablo Belisario have, is from Dr. Meyer, and he writes something about the experiment is perfect, and he will maybe send him over to try him on.

And about the name 47, Dr. Ort Meyer tells it in the end of Codename 47. he made a clone with 47 kromosons, i think its written. normally a human have 46 kromosons, and Dr. meyer create this clone with 47, and therefore the name 47, A super human.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:50 PM
New Player

Hey LasseCL,

Very good synopsis of the events preceeding the conclusion(If there ever was one knowing how crypticly the Hitman series was written). It helped me understand the story more. I do remember these letters in the first game. Since I played it 8 years ago I've totally forgotten all those notes that add to overall story and the 47 Chromosomes.

Story wise I felt Blood Money was little off the mark in a way. The Agency was raided and closed plus thier assets compromised/killed. Its did not have the impact as Hitman 2 Silent Assasin in the Story part. Hitman Contracts on the other hand was a good platform for explaining some of the confusing parts and it was awesome re-engaging the older missions from the first game re-done nicely and not as frustrating as the first,lol.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:07 AM
New Player

I have just played all four games, so it is understandable, why I am so much in to the story of Hitman Codename 47.

You right about blood money, I've just finished yesterday, and I had never played it before, and must say, it is a good game, a lot new stuff, and a cool graphic, but Hitman, no. The main character, he looks old, he walks like he have in his pants, and in the small videos he is very nervous, and paranoid. Hitman is cool, take it slow an silenced, no hard feelings, but also a knocking hard inside. the first game, he was newborn, "innocent" naiv, and coldblooded, but mostly confused about life, example when the chinese hooker kisses him.
But he learns and the second game he is trying to find peace, o.k. He can't but I am sure he would not be so diffrent as he is in blood money. and what is wrong with the looking of our redhaired CIA agent in blood money?

Hitman codename 47, and hitman silent assasin, is two very good games, and they have the story and the feeling, hitman Contract is a failed try to make a new hitman game, i think it was the time where Eidos toke over, the most of the production. Contracts have the feeling, the character, but too much focus on blood, spooky stuff, and death. there ain't much of a story in this game, but for a repetition of hitman games, it is fine.

My question about the hitman story is, who is the persons.
codename 47; you know the makers of hitman, and allmost know the story about how it works.
Silent Assasin; who is the Russian mafia, in the start-up video of this game, he says something about his brother, like his bother is one of the 5 makers of hitman. Also who is the guy with him, in this beginning, a thin man, who knows a lot about hitman, also he is saying something about he saw hitman in Rotterdam.
Contracts; There is the mission with Lee Hong, Franz Fuchs, Boris, and we starts with the escape from Ortmeyers home, but what about Pablo Belisario Ochoa?
Blood Money; Is this wheelchair guy Pablo Belisario Ochoa, he looks a bit like him, and the story could make sense.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:46 AM
New Player

Hey LasseCL,

Yes I see where your coming from. As your engaged in all the games recently. I'm not sure about Ochoa. Whether the wheelchair CIA Ops-director is Ochoa I'm not so sure. I really can't remember much of the first game,Lol. All I remember is of all the players your have mentioned are DNA donors for 47. So I suppose he carries some of their traits. But actually did not when "hatched". As he proved to be more of an individual than Ortmeyer first thought and thats dangerous for someone who wants a goon to do all the dirty deeds.

As for Contracts its more like filler material which is true. But it does set the stage for Blood Money. Ok maybe the thin guy was actually the wheelchair CIA director. He was playing many sides from what I can see before Blood Money. There are alot of parts we only know from small amounts of letters and passing dialouge. Frustrating indeed it is to figure out. Although I have to give the guys credit in effort for Blood Money. They tried to fulfill the story gaps. But instead it just felt like a totally different game story-wise to the preceding 3 games.

I know alot of gamers were saying that Blood Money was too open-ended in completing the missions. For me it was fun but no X-Factor. My opinion is they made it that way to appeal to a wider audience. I think it did this. I suppose for us we enjoy the 2nd and 3rd games best. Contracts was lacking alot of things. Mainly in story and overall length of the game. But it was well balanced in the actual playing part of the game, compared to Silent Assassin. Silent Assassin was incredibly unforgiving mission wise! Body-Guards, Targets and Civilians react to the smallest things and shoot you,Lol. For me I don't dare play Silent Assassin for fun,LOL! Way too stressful for me but the best of the series no doubt .

Last edited by Caging; 02-22-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:55 PM
New Player

I found a list, of the characters, hidden on wikipedia, and if you read it, you get the story, really well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Hitman_series

About my own mystery of Pablo Belisario Ochoa and Alexander Leland Cayne. Tjeck these, (not very good) google photos, and compare, if you have both the first game, and blood money, try to take some screen shots on your own. they have a lot in common.

http://news2.92wy.com/Upload/Image/2...2652811103.jpg

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0...ablo_large.jpg

You are absolutely rigth about the second game, and the third game, is the best of the collection. Hitman Silent assasin, is a very good (and LOOOONNGGG) story, with some excellence maps, but some of the maps is too hard, and the game take ages. The third game, have a very good gameplay, and the maps are perfect, not too long, and not too shorts.

Blood money, nice graphic, but the story does not make much compared to the rest of the games. About the graphic, i really liked that they used the same look, as a (don't know the real word in english?) mirror reflecting camera.

Now we can only look forward to the fith game, and hope that they included all the good elements together this time.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:42 PM
New Player

Hey Lasse!

Awesome mate. Thanks alot for the links. And what took you so long to reply ,LOL!

I now see where your coming from with Ochoa and Cayne . The resemblence is astonishing! Good theory you have stumbled upon. It might actually make sence. You know IO interactive love to tease us all with the story!

I really do hope they make a 5th installment. Although with how things are currently it looks unlikly for the short term though.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:15 AM
New Player

I don't understand the story of Hitman Contracts , How did he get shut?, Who was the man who fixed him? where was he? and the last target that worked with the police who was he?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:03 AM
New Player

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitman_Contracts

That should shed some light. Also, if you played Blood Money you may recall a cop follows 47 after the opera mission. Highly likely that's who shot him.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:04 AM
New Player

Yes, I read the story on wiki and now I think I have understood the proceeding of the story on which the game has been made. I enjoyed playing the game with some good story line but had some clarifications to be made. Though I followed the game closely I couldn't get a complete review of the story.

Last edited by gabriellamberd; 01-07-2010 at 02:49 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:45 AM
New Player

Smile

u guys got it all wrong. as far as i know , 47 is the creation of a science experiment after few tries that failed , 47 is the only succesful and he is a prototype . remember in contracts we get out from the lab and all human are in a bottle thingy ? yeah thats all clone of him , and 47 is a creation , he is dubbed a clone , but he is actually a creation that dr.Ortmeyer and the other 4 guys did . the voice in his head is dr.ortmeyer who leads him n trains him to be a coldblooded guy , in just a matter of minutes before escaping the asylum .
on his way after escaping a trap , he tends to kill his creator , dr .ortmeyer. but in the asylum he finds more clones out to kill him , these arent the 47 generation clones , this are the 49 or 48 , i couldnt remember but all i know they are better,smarter,faster,and more powerful then 47 . but unfortunately they are still compared to 47 .
47 kills his creator , then escapes .
but what i still couldnt find out is , who shot him in contracts(it could be from the guy in blood money who followed him after the opera mission) , and who fix him up , and who called the police to kill him .

hitmen is the best game i've ever played!compared to gta . i just love the ending of blood money , and it feels good to shoot the priest in the face when we wake up hahhaah !!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:35 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by amr831 View Post
I don't understand the story of Hitman Contracts , How did he get shut?, Who was the man who fixed him? where was he? and the last target that worked with the police who was he?
Heres my own figuring:
1st. Missions and Hitman games aren't in logical order.

And Contracts is most likely parts of 47's memory, its just reversed codename 47 game with some additional stuff and missions are not completely same because they're his "memories" about what he did in the missions and after them

For Example:
After Meet your brother (Codename 47) comes Asylum Aftermath which is all sensible, Ortmeyer called SWAT teams there and so on (in The Setup mission (Codename 47)) and 47 escapes.

47 is just digging his memories Until the last mission of contracts where he says "there's bullet for everyone" so 47 has probably been sitting there at the table and remembering his career.

Objectives in the mission are weird, 3 guys to kill, 2 are already dead (they're same guys you kill in the "Curtains Down" mission in Blood Money) He kills the target and game ends.

Then he retires and moves to Sicily to be a gardener of the church and forget what he has done.

The Priest is kidnapped and 47 has to do a "comeback", dig up the past and start running after russian mafia (I haven't played Silent Assassin very much so i don't know the story very well)

He keeps working for agency in Blood Money while CIA is hunting agency and 47. At the end of Blood Money 47 has to deal with rival assassins from the rival agency; The Franchise and CIA who wants him dead. The whole agency is raided down and only 47 and Diana survive. at the end Diana fakes 47 death and 47 Kill's everyone in his funeral.

In the last cut-scene Diana has reformed agency but couldn't find 47, who's in Chinese bordell...
Old 06-21-2010, 06:13 AM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
no problem, so the full story is:

47 escapes from the mental hosptial, where he was cloned by professor Otto Wolfgang Ort-Meyer, with the help of a mysterious voice in his head. That voice is most probably responsible for his involvement in the Agency. His first client, Professor Ort-Meyer himself, tells him to kill 4 people; Lee Hong, Pablo Belisario Ochoa, Franz Fuchs, and Boris. The information about the hit and the targets were given to 47 by the agency. All of these men had certain connections to the client. After these four men were eliminated, 47 was given another assignment to kill someone, only to find out that it was a setup. Ort Meyer wanted to use the last hit to kill 47 as a way of eliminating the evidence. The Agency was nothing more than a middle-man. 47 escapes the trap and heads down into the Asylum to find Ort-Meyer. At this point Ort-Meyer sends all the other clones to kill 47. 47 kills them all and shoots Ort-Meyer and thats where the beginning of Contracts picks up.

now 2 thing on my mind:
1-Whats 47's real name? They mention it in Hitman 2 but i forgot.
2- He killed all the other 46 clones!!?? What a Beast! lol
Well, hitman killed all 48s the better version of him. Then , later in rusia he kills 17 a less version of him (i m not sure but that as something to with a priest who was kidnepped.)

Old 06-21-2010, 06:16 AM
New Player

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Man View Post
Heres my own figuring:
1st. Missions and Hitman games aren't in logical order.

And Contracts is most likely parts of 47's memory, its just reversed codename 47 game with some additional stuff and missions are not completely same because they're his "memories" about what he did in the missions and after them

For Example:
After Meet your brother (Codename 47) comes Asylum Aftermath which is all sensible, Ortmeyer called SWAT teams there and so on (in The Setup mission (Codename 47)) and 47 escapes.

47 is just digging his memories Until the last mission of contracts where he says "there's bullet for everyone" so 47 has probably been sitting there at the table and remembering his career.

Objectives in the mission are weird, 3 guys to kill, 2 are already dead (they're same guys you kill in the "Curtains Down" mission in Blood Money) He kills the target and game ends.

Then he retires and moves to Sicily to be a gardener of the church and forget what he has done.

The Priest is kidnapped and 47 has to do a "comeback", dig up the past and start running after russian mafia (I haven't played Silent Assassin very much so i don't know the story very well)

He keeps working for agency in Blood Money while CIA is hunting agency and 47. At the end of Blood Money 47 has to deal with rival assassins from the rival agency; The Franchise and CIA who wants him dead. The whole agency is raided down and only 47 and Diana survive. at the end Diana fakes 47 death and 47 Kill's everyone in his funeral.

In the last cut-scene Diana has reformed agency but couldn't find 47, who's in Chinese bordell...

Well not the same guys Only the american ambassadeur Big sorry for that spelling mistake The opera guy in contracts is frenche. In HBM he is italian.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:13 AM
New Player

I have just played all four games, so it is understandable, why I am so much in to the story of Hitman Codename 47.

You right about blood money, I've just finished yesterday, and I had never played it before, and must say, it is a good game, a lot new stuff, and a cool graphic, but Hitman, no. The main character, he looks old, he walks like he have in his pants, and in the small videos he is very nervous, and paranoid. Hitman is cool, take it slow an silenced, no hard feelings, but also a knocking hard inside. the first game, he was newborn, "innocent" naiv, and coldblooded, but mostly confused about life, example when the chinese hooker kisses him.
But he learns and the second game he is trying to find peace, o.k. He can't but I am sure he would not be so diffrent as he is in blood money. and what is wrong with the looking of our redhaired CIA agent in blood money?

Hitman codename 47, and hitman silent assasin, is two very good games, and they have the story and the feeling, hitman Contract is a failed try to make a new hitman game, i think it was the time where Eidos toke over, the most of the production. Contracts have the feeling, the character, but too much focus on blood, spooky stuff, and death. there ain't much of a story in this game, but for a repetition of hitman games, it is fine.cheap true religion jeans
My question about the hitman story is, who is the persons.
codename 47; you know the makers of hitman, and allmost know the story about how it works.cheap true religion
Silent Assasin; who is the Russian mafia, in the start-up video of this game, he says something about his brother, like his bother is one of the 5 makers of hitman. Also who is the guy with him, in this beginning, a thin man, who knows a lot about hitman, also he is saying something about he saw hitman in Rotterdam.
Contracts; There is the mission with Lee Hong, Franz Fuchs, Boris, and we starts with the escape from Ortmeyers home, but what about Pablo Belisario Ochoa?
Blood Money; Is this wheelchair guy Pablo Belisario Ochoa, he looks a bit like him, and the story could make sense.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:30 AM
New Player

Hitman, Agent 47's Real Name is *drum roll* Kim Bo Kastekniv . Thats the Cheat you type for the first game to unloack all levels. And its supposed to be Hitman's true name.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn1221 View Post
Hitman codename 47, and hitman silent assasin, is two very good games, and they have the story and the feeling, hitman Contract is a failed try to make a new hitman game, i think it was the time where Eidos toke over, the most of the production. Contracts have the feeling, the character, but too much focus on blood, spooky stuff, and death. there ain't much of a story in this game, but for a repetition of hitman games, it is fine.
I disagree when you Contracts focus too much spooky stuff, to me it looks like Blood Money focused too much on goofy stuff. Too me Contracts was the best Hitman game true it doesn't have that much story its just 47 unconscious in a room remembering past misions but the cinematics the overall feeling of the game and the missions were the best.

I understand how after playing Code Name 47 Contracts is like a remake. I stared playing hitman at Silent assassin then Contracts so its different for me.

The spooky stuff: the kind of nightmarish vibe thoughout the game is fitting because 47 was genetically engineered to be a killer in a lab, then he kills his maker and is lose in this world so 47 basically is a monster.

Blood & Death:The blood is one of the reasons why Contract is a more raw game and the death isn't that hitman is about killing people so the feeling of the game should be morbid not comical or funny like blood money was going for.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:15 PM

Default Dr. Ort-Meyer and the Agency

47 gets his name because he is the 47th clone by Dr. Ort-Meyer. In the Agency, he is still known as 47. Does this mean that Ort-Meyer and the Agency are connected?
Old 11-17-2012, 09:23 PM

doe sanybody have any wrking cheat codes for hitman 2 silent assassin for ps2