I just thought I'd share my personal experience with those having any problems with the 4 bosses in the game.
Difficulty - * * * * * -
Barret Lawrence - * * -
- Throwing the barrels and some grenades did the trick, just took a couple of tries to get it done fast enough so he didn't regain his footing. Not much to say as this fight is so straight forward, just a few trial and error runs to get it right.
Yelena Fedorova - * * * * * -
- First, I did NOT have emp shield aug, so having her hit those power whatevers was not an option as it killed me quickly. What I found worked for me was a large supply of all types of mines, while sticking to the outside portion of the room, and throwing mines in the middle, far enough in I wouldn't activate it myself but not too far as to have her partially behind a wall activating it. Whenever she hit a claymore (especially EMP/Concussion), I would blast her with the heavy rifle (although revolver and pistol work equally fine). Main problem with her is her melee, when it hits, it hits hard, and there is
all you can do about it.
Jaron Namir - * * * * -
Definitely NOT as hard as Fedorova, at this point I did have the EMP shield, and the gas shield aug would've been nice but it didn't really affect any of my attempts. Again for this fight I found claymores and grenades to be exceptionally useful, especially EMP grenades, which removed him from stealth for a very substantial period of time. Aside from that, same tactics as Yelena, just stick to the outer ring of the room, and throw the claymores at the entrances to the inner circle.
Side note - Seeing Namir as a unique model in the background cutscene with Zhao was nice. Something I didn't notice my first attempt.
Zhao - * -
Honestly, after 2 ridiculously difficult bosses, this one was a joke. Easily avoiding the rotating turrets, killing 2 "zombies", then quickly rushing in and de-syncing those pods (or whatever you had to do to them) Then just using a couple EMP grenades on bots as they came out while firing at Zhao. A really phase-intensive fight, but so simple, quick and EASY, it was really a joke. In fact I spent time on the last phase wondering if I had to shoot Zhao or I just had to keep destroying bots for the next phase, after just a few quick bursts to Zhao I found my answer.
To add a little something unrelated to boss-strategies, it was very satisfying killing the remaining members of Tyrant, after reading the novel. I felt that justice had somewhat been served for the two main characters (although it would've been even better if they had been there/done it themselves, and get the novel if you haven't read it, it's a good in-depth read)
Originally Posted by duran_ii
Hey guys, new forum member here. I was reading through the boss fight guides, and honestly, a lot of them are just unnecessarily complicated.
Here is the easiest way to defeat the bosses (killed them without dying at all on Give me Deus Ex mode):
Barrett: Hump the pillars and get head shots with your combat rifle. He goes down amazingly fast when you pump his head full of lead. When he turns to the corner to come around to your pillar, sprint to the other side of the room and repeat. You can also just spam your rocket launcher and kill him that way too.
Federova: This fight is a joke. As soon as she charges at you in the beginning, dodge to the left and keep firing your rocket launcher at her. You effectively stun lock her and win easy. She never hit me once and I killed her in 10 seconds. Make sure you upgrade your rocket launcher with reload speed upgrades (honestly, you only need it for the rocket launcher)
Namir: Two words: Rocket Launcher. As soon as the fight begins, shoot him with a rocket. On Deus Ex mode, he recovers too fast to spam it. Once you stun him with the launcher, sprint up to him and do 2 Typhoons and he's toast. Easy fight. After the first Typhoon, immediately do the second one. He'll be too busy firing at you to move away from it. If your augs are disabled, just keep shooting him with the rocket launcher.
Zhao: Total joke. Grab some cover, and destroy the turrets as soon as they start rotating around. Ideally you want to destroy each turret before it turns to face you. Once done, disable the pods. Afterwards, run to the top platform. You'll notice there are walls separating each section of the room. Jump on top of the wall so that you're not touching the floor. Jump on a wall that'll allow you to face Zhao. The electricity won't even touch you, nor will the bots or zombies even notice you. Eventually, the glass will open and you can roast her. Otherwise, just shoot your laser rifle at her.
Hope this helps. The rocket launcher is your friend.
Originally Posted by nomotog
So we all know eidos outsourced the PC version. Well it turns out that they also outsourced the boss fights. Seems odd to me, but what do I know. Just watch the video.
Originally Posted by itsonyourhead
"If you panic, you are going to die."
I think the boss fights were okay. They could have done with a lot more tweaking though. I would have liked to see some sort of strategy necessary to beat them.
1. Combat - You need to stun them first before you can hurt them (weapons or CQC) Explosives will re-position them (not stun them), so that you can't just keep hitting them with explosives while they stand in one spot.
2. Stealth - If you can sneak up behind the boss you get to use a certain number of CQC to take them down. Also, sneaking up on a boss means you don't need to stun them before you can hurt them.
3. Hacking - You can hack certain consoles to have robots/turrets help you. If you sneak up/stun them you can hack their brains to shut off certain of their augments/abilities. Keep hacking their brains eventually you shut them off completely.
4. Social - You can talk them down into weakness throughout the battle-- (or if you are really really good, get them to stand aside). Basically a terrible cyberpunk version of Hannibal Lector -- (would require you to hack/find their psych profile or other information on them) CASIE aug would help you during the battle
In fact, they could split the CASIE aug up into several different upgrades. Pheromones -- psych evals (generated throughout conversation, not all at once) -- emotional levels -- mental stability