Thread: Windows 7

Default Windows 7

Does anyone know if IG works on Windows 7?

Anybody?

Surely a mod knows if it's likely to work on W7?

Having just bought a Windows 7 Desktop, I can answer my own question...

I installed IG plus the patch, went into "properties" on the .exe file and flagged up "run in compatability mode with XP Svc Pack 2003".

It's working perfectly!

Apparently it will only work patched, but I haven't personally tried it unpatched. Neither have I tried running without compatibility mode enabled, but I doubt it runs in "unadulterated" Win7.

Excellent news - IG playable at least for the life of Windows 7!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperius View Post
    Having just bought a Windows 7 Desktop, I can answer my own question...

I installed IG plus the patch, went into "properties" on the .exe file and flagged up "run in compatability mode with XP Svc Pack 2003".

It's working perfectly!

Apparently it will only work patched, but I haven't personally tried it unpatched. Neither have I tried running without compatibility mode enabled, but I doubt it runs in "unadulterated" Win7.

Excellent news - IG playable at least for the life of Windows 7!
    It sounds like it was your own idea , didn't you have read this on other post??

Aaaaaaaaahh didums!

That's right, because running a program in compatibility mode never occured to anyone else, did it.

It's not like I and others constantly tried it on vista, usually to no effect.

It's not like I'd already found out IG worked on my new W7 machine before I came back on this board to update my original post which asked: "does anyone know if W7 runs IG?"

I had seen your post on the technical forum (or whatever it's called) which is why I mentioned I hadn't tried it unpatched. I might have mentioned your post if I could have rembered you user name while I was updating my thread for the benefit of IG players, not for myself. I would have opened an extra browser to find out had I known what a sensitive, precious soul you were. Do you live in a bubble?

When were you the inventor of running programs in compatibility mode, by the way? It's odd, because there are threads all over here about it due the the Vista problems. And, hey look at this....

It's an old thread with a post from me from January talking about running IG in compatability mode! I must have a time machine!

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=80747
    Last edited by Imperius; 03-12-2011 at 03:15 AM.

"imperious adj. Arrogantly domineering or overbearing."

Imperius by name, imperious by nature?