Eidos Forums

Go Back   Eidos Forums > General Eidos Community Forums > Community Chat

Old 04-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumah's wraith View Post
Sorry. I get very combative when I'm bored.

Batfan08, I have nothing against the armed forces. Like you said, 'we don't know what these people have been through'. He may have seen his friends gunned down in front of him...or he may have shot a half dozen enemy prisoners/civilians because he was bored.

I will treat an army veteran with the same respect I would treat anyone else until I know something about them. No more, no less.
I like to live by "better safe,than sorry."If you assume the worst of someone because of one occasion,are you really going to take the time to get to know that person?
Old 04-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
I like to live by "better safe,than sorry."If you assume the worst of someone because of one occasion,are you really going to take the time to get to know that person?
You make a very good point, though I think that dumah's wraith is going more toward a middle-ground stance. Until you prove yourself one way or another, you're on exactly the same level as everyone else, sort of a literal use of the phrase: "previous results do not guarantee similar future outcomes". Just because someone has had something that is usually deemed worthy of respect in their past doesn't automatically put them on higher ground than others. If they're a stranger they're a stranger, and they start out level, however if you meet that stranger and they do something to deserve it, then they'll get respect. I'm not exactly of this philosophy myself, but it does help put a stop to people living off of one accomplishment and things (both good and bad) from your past getting blown out of proportion.

Of course, I could be off completely on what you meant there dumah's wraith, so by all means, don't let me put words into your mouth
Old 04-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel'sRevenge View Post
You make a very good point, though I think that dumah's wraith is going more toward a middle-ground stance. Until you prove yourself one way or another, you're on exactly the same level as everyone else, sort of a literal use of the phrase: "previous results do not guarantee similar future outcomes". Just because someone has had something that is usually deemed worthy of respect in their past doesn't automatically put them on higher ground than others. If they're a stranger they're a stranger, and they start out level, however if you meet that stranger and they do something to deserve it, then they'll get respect. I'm not exactly of this philosophy myself, but it does help put a stop to people living off of one accomplishment and things (both good and bad) from your past getting blown out of proportion.

Of course, I could be off completely on what you meant there dumah's wraith, so by all means, don't let me put words into your mouth
Nope, that was pretty much it.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumah's wraith View Post
Sorry. I get very combative when I'm bored.
LOL, no probs.