Eidos Forums

Go Back   Eidos Forums > General Eidos Community Forums > Community Chat

Old 07-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Gamer

Default (off topic) i got a question???? i need an answer plez

ok my xbox 360 got an e 74 in may so i got it fixed at a place called gameplace but it kept breaking but i just got it fixed again and i dont what it to break again cause of batman AA so i just unpluged it from its wires and im just gonna connect it again on august 25. will that help it from breaking again before aug 25???

Last edited by the scarecrow; 07-27-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the scarecrow View Post
ok my xbox 360 got an e 74 in may so i got it fixed at a place called gameplace but it kept breaking but i just got it fixed and i dont what it to break again cause of batman AA so i just unpluged it from its wires and im just gonna connect it again on august 25. will that help?
Sorry, I don't have an Xbox 360. And I can talk english.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Gamer

Quote:
ok my xbox 360 got an e 74 in may so i got it fixed at a place called gameplace but it kept breaking but i just got it fixed again and i dont what it to break again cause of batman AA so i just unpluged it from its wires and im just gonna connect it again on august 25. will that help it from breaking again before aug 25???
Well if its not running then there should be no software errors, so i guess itll help.
No guarantee that it wont happen again though.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:17 AM
Gamer

You should have sent it back to Microsoft, not only is your 360 still broken, you've invalidated your warranty. You could take it back to Gameplace and complain that they didn't fix it, they might actually fix it properly this time.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:17 AM
Gamer

Stop F'ing with the guy.

Seriously....if you have that error..letting it sit won't do . You need a new one or get it fixed. Somehow.

I got lucky cause back when I got mine used on Ebay...but the warranty was still intact...and I haven't had a problem that couldn't be fixed in a week of waiting since.

Have you registered your serial number with Xbox.com? Is your Warranty out? If so...get a new one.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:18 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinetastic View Post
You should have sent it back to Microsoft, not only is your 360 still broken, you've invalidated your warranty. You could take it back to Gameplace and complain that they didn't fix it, they might actually fix it properly this time.
or this.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:57 AM
Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonLoafer View Post
Sorry, I don't have an Xbox 360. And I can talk english.
That was pointless; you offered no contribution to the point of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxB402 View Post
or this.
Try not to double post, instead edit your previous post to accommodate additional replies.

Quote:
You will be best to simply buy a new Xbox, as was earlier stated. If you had an error that was temporarily fixed by a 3rd party company then your warranty is invalided. You should have followed the proper procedure and called Microsoft.

Your Xbox will continue to break down from now, and all fixes are only temporary for the issue that your Xbox is suffering. Most new consoles are greatly improved with fixes to all known issues, consider investing in another console.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:27 AM
Gamer

Ok my xbox got the E74 message and all I did was go on the xbox.com website put in my serial number and they tell you what to do from there my one came back in a week and it went all the way to Germany If your xbox ever breaks send it to microsoft they are the only ones that can really fix it.

Last edited by batman4747; 07-27-2009 at 05:30 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Baby Karkian

I paid 30 to the shop I bought my 360 from for a 3 year warranty. I've treated the console really well but have had to take three of them back so far, and the shop just swaps it for another, so worth checking out. The swap is a second hand machine, but it's a good deal, no messing around- you get a new one straight away. If you own a 360 I think something like this is a necessity, being as unreliable as they are.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxB402 View Post
Stop F'ing with the guy.

Seriously....if you have that error..letting it sit won't do . You need a new one or get it fixed. Somehow.

I got lucky cause back when I got mine used on Ebay...but the warranty was still intact...and I haven't had a problem that couldn't be fixed in a week of waiting since.

Have you registered your serial number with Xbox.com? Is your Warranty out? If so...get a new one.
i got it fixed i just dont what it to break when i put batman AA in so i unpluged it and will hook it back up on aug 25 and i was wondering if it would help so i could play the game longer with out it breaking
Old 07-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Hero

Quote:
E74: I/O Hardware Error - HSIO related, could be crc error, or many things: There is high chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip near the AV cable connection) it can also be caused by a faulty AV cable so check that first. Microsoft covers this error under their 3-year warranty, this is availble to anyone who hasn't modified their console. contact MS to get a free replacement console before attempting to fix this yourself. Failing that this error In some cases it is a problem with the GPU and may be repairable by doing the x-clamp replacement (see error 0102)
Can you tell us what they fixed?
And have you tried an other AV cable, seeing that can be the problem as well?
Because If I read this right, you could have get a new xbox from MS. So I wonder what they fixed at that place.

And please, use punctuation, it's hard to read your posts.