Eidos Forums

Go Back   Eidos Forums > General Eidos Community Forums > Community Chat

Old 05-29-2011, 04:21 AM
Gamer

Default Game Ideas.

Hey I'm posting this thread to try and find out what type of games people would like to play. I want your opion on what type of game would be most popular. I don't want ideas like "a game like Tomb Raider.
I'm planning to be a game maker so I want to know what type of games would be a good Idea.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Community Tyrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo1 View Post
Hey I'm posting this thread to try and find out what type of games people would like to play. I want your opion on what type of game would be most popular. I don't want ideas like "a game like Tomb Raider.
I'm planning to be a game maker so I want to know what type of games would be a good Idea.
Well, this is an impossible question.

There's a huge range of tastes in this community alone. You've got stealth, action, crpg, platforming, etc.

I've got a bit of a taste for game design myself. My advice is rather than asking what games people want to play, ask yourself what kind of game you want to make.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Gamer

There are so many variations of the various types of games it is difficult to narrow down. You should probably pick a general style you would like to develop then deal with the different ways that style can be implemented.
Open world vs platforming (and open world can be implemented with a platforming style). Single player vs multiplayer vs MMORPG (they can all have RPG features so you have to decide if you are interested in RPG at all). Then you can decide if you are interested in sports, military, action/adventure, fantasy, etc.
If you are interested in developing the game engine yourself, there are the more specific features to consider, like how the geometry is created and how much detail it has, what type of object animation you will support, physics, scripting, etc. You also have to consider if you want the game engine to be specialized for a specific type of game or if you want it to be more general purpose (and therefore more difficult to program).

There are many things to be considered and you didn't indicate if you are interested in general game design, programming, modeling, etc. If you can be more specific it will help us to help you.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Gamer

A game like Happy Wheels, but 3D, and completed.
It'll be like LBP but with an M rating.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:01 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Propelled Rocket View Post
A game like Happy Wheels, but 3D, and completed.
It'll be like LBP but with an M rating.
I said no likes please. I can't work with that. I don't even know what happy Wheels is.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:03 AM
Gamer

I ahve an Idea where you can actually sword fight with people. You just have to press a button and you either attak or block. And on the side of the screen theres a little notebook that tells you the thoughts of your chracter. I haven't worked out the story line yet but I'm working on it