View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 01:40 PM
CrystalD Global Brand Director
Eidos Official

Thanks for the great questions, everyone. Below are the answers to the picked questions!

stevo505 asks: Will we ever see some behind the scenes content, such as motion-capture and voice-recording sessions?

Yes, we intend to show lots of behind the scenes content, but are working to ensure that it isnít delivered in the same old vein as developer diaries. Weíre going to do something very special in not-so-distant future, although I donít want to give it away right now.

aragorn2 asks: The game will have any stealth system or it will be more action style?

Weíre working very hard to ensure our combat system has a variety of different play paths and play styles. Melee, ranged, and stealth interactions all play a huge part in this world. Weíre looking forward to showing you our combat system around E3, when weíll be unveiling it.

LaraRocks2 asks: Can we expect to see a variety of enemies? or will it be exclusive to the islanders and animals? (ie no more mythological creatures?) and/or boss battles?

I donít want to keep giving away spoilers. There is obviously an element of mystery to the island that you have to play to properly experience. I can say that there are plenty of people on the island, and lots of diversity in your encounters. I look forward to fans seeing the bow in action, and to hunting. Thatís what you do on an island, right? Hunt.

adobeARTIST asks: Now that Lara is so much more humanized (bravo on that direction of character development) what's the potential to see her get involved in any relationships?

Iíve read and fed into the script now on many, many occasions, and I can tell you that there is no love interest in this game. She is trying to survive. She is busy. Surviving the situation is all she can cope with right now; surviving a relationship would be a bit tough. In one of the next releases we could possibly see this more human Lara meet someone, but that is way over the horizon.

Foundered asks: All the past games have had Lara search for an artifact. Will the goal of the game be an artifact, or survival?

Lara has landed on an island that is shrouded in mystery, so obviously we want her to uncover that mystery. First and foremost she has to survive. There is a core discovery to be made, and that core discovery will unlock the mystery of the entire island and answer a lot of questions for you. There are items and artifacts that you have to pick up and find around the island, but everything points to this big discovery.

larafan-25 asks: Will the axe interact with fixed climbing points, or will we be able to free climb with it?

We have a very wide range of fixed points, guaranteeing youíll have freedom of movement. There are limitations, however, like not being able to jump off the side of a cliff and hook onto the side at random to free climb. The real world doesnít work like that. Like real life you canít just walk up to a cliff and assume you can climb it. It may be too steep, or too rocky, or jagged. But then there will be other areas perfect for climbing. It will feel organic and natural. The path wonít be screaming at you.

PS. Meagan accidentally picked 6 questions instead of 5, so you guys get a bonus one for this first Q&A session

Last edited by Driber; 01-24-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: little edit on author's request