Eidos Forums

Eidos Forums (http://forums.eidosgames.com/index.php)
-   DX:HR General Discussion (http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   DE:HR ENB Graphics (makes the graphics miles better) (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=121533)

bukkit 09-07-2011 01:36 PM

DE:HR ENB Graphics (makes the graphics miles better)
 
::enb screenshots /WIP/
http://img.imgur.com/9edoB.jpg

now the game is actually looking like the artworks do. and ist only wip, effects like exposure adaptation, bloom and lens effects are still disabled

videos and comparison screens here :
http://enbdev.com/index_en.html

lhaymehr 09-07-2011 01:39 PM

Don't forget to mention that you need at least Big Blue to run it and that it fried more than one video card. ;)

bukkit 09-07-2011 01:41 PM


bukkit 09-07-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhaymehr (Post 1679232)
Don't forget to mention that you need at least Big Blue to run it and that it fried more than one video card. ;)

not quite true... look how well optimised is the GTA IV newest enb's

also he states that so far just the shasows(beta) are causing framerate drops... dont underestimate that guy :)

Herbert Dashwood 09-07-2011 01:47 PM

I don't think this one's worth it. The GTA IV one was incredible, but this one...meh.

bukkit 09-07-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbert Dashwood (Post 1679242)
I don't think this one's worth it. The GTA IV one was incredible, but this one...meh.

well, this is based on the 0.82 gta enb. so ill just wait and see. with all the effects, grading, flares and stuff like that...imho it would look very similar to the look on all the artworks... not like a PS2 port :)

Ashpolt 09-07-2011 02:53 PM

Wow, looks incredible! Unfortunately, also looks a bit too much of a resource hog at the moment, judging from the videos, but once he's got it optimised better (he's only been working on it a week or so, give him time!) I'll definitely be giving it a try!

hashi 09-07-2011 03:22 PM

Yeah this looks amazing. Job well done.

Jason Parker 09-07-2011 03:50 PM

Looking forward to an official realease of his DX:HR ENB. Surely looks pretty impressive and arises the question why this guy isn't already hired to do post production on video games.

CHANCE-PHOENIX 09-07-2011 05:08 PM

that is so cool !!!

can"T wait

ArchangelX 09-07-2011 06:38 PM

Looks pretty nice...can he fill in the crotches, too?

LordWeasel 09-08-2011 03:16 AM

Gorgeous! Watch and learn from this man Eidos/Nixxes.

ronin4444 09-08-2011 05:50 AM

im hooking this up, for sure

sea 09-08-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordWeasel (Post 1679683)
Gorgeous! Watch and learn from this man Eidos/Nixxes.

There's nothing to learn. All his mod does is use extremely high-resolution buffers for lighting, shadowing, SSAO/HBAO, and probably adds some simple ray tracing and diffusion to the lighting. Any developer knows how to do it. The difficulty in computer graphics isn't usually doing things (especially with such well-established methods available), but in doing them efficiently. There's a very good reason why these ENB mods cut your framerate by 80%+.

KingNL 09-08-2011 08:55 AM

By the time this gets released, everybody will be playing DX4

TROOPER181st 09-08-2011 10:37 AM

I am absolutley a graphics whore, and this looks absolutely beautifull... this is how DXHR should be in the first place!
this is true PC worthy ! :flowers:

Jerion 09-08-2011 05:22 PM

Looks pretty slick. Can't wait until this is finished. :thumb:

GioChrono 09-08-2011 05:53 PM

Cool stuff. my card prob wont hack it but I'm prob gonna be upgrading soon so this gives me a good reason to do so. Maybe a hi res texture pack too...

LordWeasel 09-08-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sea (Post 1679867)
There's nothing to learn. All his mod does is use extremely high-resolution buffers for lighting, shadowing, SSAO/HBAO, and probably adds some simple ray tracing and diffusion to the lighting. Any developer knows how to do it. The difficulty in computer graphics isn't usually doing things (especially with such well-established methods available), but in doing them efficiently. There's a very good reason why these ENB mods cut your framerate by 80%+.

I wasn't being dead serious, but a slight "cheeky" attitude is a bit tricky to convey through text alone I suppose. Should have had a ':P' at the end of my statement perhaps.

To quote ENBSeries himself:
"Performance could be greatly improved by shorten pixel shaders, they are now 250-300 instructions long and not used at full, just eating gpu. Also performance is lower because of long shaders in deffered lighting system, in some areas there are many light volumes placed."

My point being, even if this cuts fps in half, loads of people will be able to play it just fine, myself included. Those of us who have expensive gaming rigs love to see what they can do. I like having the option to run my PC into the ground begging for mercy. For a single player experience, any fps above 60 is wasted in my opinion. Any AAA title that doesn't even try to challenge my 2 year old computer at highest possible settings is a slightly wasted opportunity, especially when a lone modder can clean up shader code drastically and up the graphics like ENBSeries is currently doing in his spare time.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and the graphics design, it's just that it looks kinda old from a technical perspective. Having the current max settings as a 'normal', and ENBSeries as 'Ultra' would be perfect.
(For example, the current SSAO and shadow effects are a bit of a joke :P)

ocstew 09-09-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sea (Post 1679867)
There's nothing to learn. All his mod does is use extremely high-resolution buffers for lighting, shadowing, SSAO/HBAO, and probably adds some simple ray tracing and diffusion to the lighting. Any developer knows how to do it. The difficulty in computer graphics isn't usually doing things (especially with such well-established methods available), but in doing them efficiently. There's a very good reason why these ENB mods cut your framerate by 80%+.

Look, you should be congratulating him for this mod, not criticizing it. As good as Nixes's port has been, it is still sorely lacking in the graphics department, when all the while PC gamers are running this with upwards of 100 fps. This game needs something like this, since PC gamers have too much horsepower for a simple console port. Not to mention that his PC is much weaker than yours or mine, and this is the main reason for such a laggy video, not optimization. If it's so simple, why don't all console ports come with such features? Oh wait, they don't and it's not as simple as you claim.

LordWeasel 09-09-2011 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocstew (Post 1680476)
Look, you should be congratulating him for this mod, not criticizing it. As good as Nixes's port has been, it is still sorely lacking in the graphics department, when all the while PC gamers are running this with upwards of 100 fps. This game needs something like this, since PC gamers have too much horsepower for a simple console port. Not to mention that his PC is much weaker than yours or mine, and this is the main reason for such a laggy video, not optimization. If it's so simple, why don't all console ports come with such features? Oh wait, they don't and it's not as simple as you claim.

Actually, ENBSeries said that the reason for the low fps in the video was because he hasn't optimized his shadows at all yet, and he considered them Beta. It was purely a visual demonstration, not an indication of performance at all :)

Moork 09-09-2011 03:32 AM

I am soooo looking forward to this, as I have already said in the stickied forthcoming patches thread in the tech forum.

I absolutely loved GTA IV with ENB Series. Because GTA IV actually had some decent textures to start with the improved lighting and stuff offered by ENB Series made it look photorealistic if you were prepared to mess around a bit with the settings. Don't think we'll achieve that level of graphic fidelity with DX:HR though, because the textures are not as good as in GTA IV. Still, this will make the game look 100% better than what it does right now. The SSAO is 10x better than vanilla DX:HR.

And:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhaymehr (Post 1679232)
Don't forget to mention that you need at least Big Blue to run it and that it fried more than one video card. ;)

Yeah, you'll probably need a medium high - high end monster rig to run it well. But I'll tell you this - the guys who had their graphics cards burn out were n00bs! Get yourself some custom graphics card cooling or setup a custom fan profile in the utility of your choice and you'll be fine.

daemonjax 09-09-2011 04:23 AM

The lighting does look great... and even if I can't play it on this computer, I'm sure I will be able to on my next PC years from now.

CHANCE-PHOENIX 09-09-2011 12:30 PM

Damn , i hope this ENB mod is released by the end of this year ...

please Boris , hurry up :p

breakdown234 09-09-2011 12:36 PM

i need this now!!!

hope this removes the awful gold shader that is applied to everything -.-


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.