Eidos Forums

Eidos Forums (http://forums.eidosgames.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (2013) General Discussion (http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=290)
-   -   Official TR9 multiplayer thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115596)

LARALOVERnr.1 12-23-2010 04:04 PM

Official TR9 multiplayer thread
 
*** Updates are sorted new to old ***

Update Jan 28, 2012 by Driber - new MP screens (Shanty Town):

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meagan

(click image to enlarge)


(click image to enlarge)


(click image to enlarge)

Pre-order Bonus Round Three: Shanty Town Multiplayer Map Revealed

Our final wave of pre-order DLC has been revealed! Select retail partners are offering up the “Shanty Town” multiplayer map as a bonus for grabbing Tomb Raider early.

The island of Yamatai contains a wide variety of environments. Most were formed naturally; many others were built long ago. However the Shanty Town is one of the relatively newer areas, having been cobbled together by the Scavengers using scrap and other debris found on the island. This map features a ramshackle area of steep climbs, multiple ziplines (for quick escapes), and deadly traps to set for foes. The map is available as a free day one download on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC when you pre-order from participating retailers.

To clear up a bit of confusion, this piece of DLC was previously called the “Endurance Pack” in our early planning stages since we’d not yet announced multiplayer. Check with your local retailers (such as Amazon.uk) to see if they’re participating!

---------------------

Edit by Driber Jan 10 - Brand spanking new MP screenshots!

http://driber.net/os/tr9/Screenshots...P_Chasm_01.jpg

http://driber.net/os/tr9/Screenshots...P_Chasm_02.jpg

http://driber.net/os/tr9/Screenshots...t/MP_Lobby.jpg

---------------------

Edit by Driber Jan 9 - new MP videos!





---------------------

Edit by Driber - TFH #4 containing a lot of MP goodness!



And here are ultra HQ screengrabs @ 1080p, courtesy of TranceTrouble and me :)

http://driber.net/os/tr9/Screenshots/TFH4_1080p_HQ/

---------------------

Update 28 Dec 2012 - MP officially announced!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meagan
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8081/8...8a73847539.jpg

Very exciting news to (finally) confirm to you guys! Lara’s on the February cover of OXM, paired with a big announcement. Tomb Raider will include a multiplayer offering thanks to the hard work of our sister-studio, the hugely talented Eidos Montreal. The team at Eidos Montreal has been working away at the multiplayer while we focused everything on the single-player offering.

I know you all will have dozens and dozens of questions – hang in there. OXM has the exclusive details for now. We’ll have lots of information coming out of CES in early January. I can’t answer much (anything) until then.

I hope you guys are excited! We’ll have to create a new thread closer to launch to share gamer tags and usernames and so on – that way we can play together!

---------------------

Update Dec 23, 2012 - New info,

Quote:

Tomb Raider GAME Exclusive Edition Product Details
Released on 05-Mar-2013

A Survivor Is Born in Tomb Raider GAME Exclusive Edition for PlayStation 3

GAME Exclusive Edition Details:

The in-game Explorer Bundle is Only At GAME. Included in this bundle is an exploration themed Challenge Tomb and an early access bonus survival advantage:
  • Challenge Tomb - An exclusive tomb for Lara to raid! In this new location, Lara will encounter all new environment puzzles that will test her abilities
  • Fast Climb Upgrade - Early access to the fast climb skill upgrade will let Lara ascend mountain faces more quickly. Handy when avoiding her attackers in a fight to take the higher ground!

Key Features of Tomb Raider on PlayStation 3:
  • A Turning Point: Experience Lara Croft’s intense origin story from a young woman to a hardened survivor.
  • An All-New Raiding Experience: Explore a mysterious island filled with environmental puzzles, visceral combat, and ancient tombs to discover.
  • Fight to Live: Salvage resources, gain experience, and upgrade Lara’s weapons to survive the island’s hostile inhabitants.
  • Survive as a Team: Play a variety of multiplayer modes as Lara’s Shipmates or Yamatai’s Scavengers.
  • Winner of 44 E3 awards including IGN’s Game of Show 2012

source: http://www.game.co.uk/en/tomb-raider...=Tomb%20Raider
---------------------

Update Dec 15, 2012 - Interesting info found by forum member parazombie:

Quote:

http://i.imgur.com/LtitC.png
click for full image | for more proof, jump over to http://tombraider.tumblr.com/ and have a look at the header! ^_^

I've not got much experience with this phrase [being Australian and all] BUUUUUT... you all know where I'm going with this.

Does this confirm multiplayer? Could it be referring to scoreboards the game might have? Possibly the DLC?

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?! :D
----

Also, I did some research! I was just scanning between games that have DLC & no multiplayer and games with multiplayer and it seems only games with mutiplayer have that written on them! I even went on to check games with leaderboards and they did not have it either! Definitely backs up the multiplayer theory!
---------------------

Original post by LARALOVERnr.1:

On the website gamasutra Crystal Dynamics recently posted two vacancy's asking for a 'multiplayer producer' and a 'senior multiplayer game designer' for an 'upcoming action adventure title'. The vacancy's have been removed now and Crystal Dynamics had no comments but refused to give more information. A multiplayer mode for Tomb Raider? Or maybe a brand new action adventure title that yet has to be announced?

check this article for the full story :)

RoombelinaUK 12-24-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LARALOVERnr.1 (Post 1546876)
On the website gamasutra Crystal Dynamics recently posted two vacancy's asking for a 'multiplayer producer' and a 'senior multiplayer game designer' for an 'upcoming action adventure title'. The vacancy's have been removed now and Crystal Dynamics had no comments but refused to give more information. A multiplayer mode for Tomb Raider? Or maybe a brand new action adventure title that yet has to be announced?

check this article for the full story :)

It's Tomb Raider and I'm not surprised.... nearly 95% of the hyped up games coming out next year have a multiplayer feature.

Sam_kain 12-24-2010 01:23 AM

ops, multi-player !!!, things may get messy

BlackThor 12-24-2010 10:07 AM

well in the podcast, the developers did say they were thinking about incorporating multiplayer, but they were unsure. but personally i think multiplayer missions would be kind of cool

Rachie 12-27-2010 02:58 PM

Maybe we could run around the island as Lara and Conrad Roth? :D Who knows how that would work, though. With they gameplay they have intended, it might be difficult to implement multiplayer in there as well, unless it's like a side-mission-after-completion kind of thing.

But still, it's all speculation at this point, isn't it? :D

BraveNewGuy 12-29-2010 08:29 AM

LOL , this would be a disaster and I don't think CD will even think about it

Zakka 12-29-2010 10:13 AM

Co op would be great if it's anything as good as the guardian of light

TombRaiderChick93 01-21-2011 10:08 AM

TR online multiplayer?
 
i was just thinkin about this today....
what do you guys think? could it work? it would be something new and there are a lot of things they could do with it, but idk...

LC is Me 01-21-2011 11:02 AM

If we knew more about the game, I would be able to really go in depthe with it.
But based off of some of the info we have, it is possibly doable....?

The whole base camp thing has me thinking some. Otherwise, I don't think so.

Ants_27_ 01-21-2011 12:12 PM

I agree LC is Me if we had more information you could go in more detail... but as you said the base camp thing got me thinking too and helped me remember that Demon Souls game which released on PS3. Although I never played it I've heard that it has online but in the way that you occasionally see the other player in 'their' world before they disappear again... or you get to see a small video kinda thing to see how they died.

One other thing I am led to believe is that players have the ability to warn other players of perhaps a difficult fight a head or certain other dangers.

That last bit could work. The player could leave a hint to how to solve a certain puzzle or a quick generally location of something you are looking for perhaps?

larafan25 01-21-2011 12:42 PM

It could defiantly be done and done so in a unique way which reflects what TR (new TR) is. If it is done CD can't just poop out a bunch of the same old death matches and usual modes, they need to get creative. Why have the usual multiplayer when GOL was praised for it's true unique cooperative experience?

That being said I am ok with these basic modes being the base upon which the multiplayer modes are created.

A Tomb Raider death match would take place in a large wild area hopefully, there would be many natural obstacles such as pits and areas which need to be climbed around or hidden water tunnels. The environments would need to be complex enough to support each player's method of traversal and their own strategy. As for killing opponents, it should not just be guns, it should be gear and tools which are multi-functional like in the actual game. As well there should be ancient traps which can be set to remotely kill your opponents.

Then there should obviously be some sort of capture the flag mode, however instead of a random map with flags at each end there should be only 1 flag which the players can get. So a race for the treasure. Like most Tomb Raider maps this one should be layered, natural open environment that leads down beneath the earth to tunnels and tombs and leads into a chamber with the treasure (flag) which once collected would then need to be brought back to the base camp.

Many interesting ideas which could be used, hopefully CD do so.

Ants_27_ 01-21-2011 01:22 PM

Expanding on the one flag thing. Rather than have the generic pits and traps which I'm sure has been done you could include the concept of complex riddles that send the players in directions away from each other (think a network of tunnels one running atop the other and so on so forth), keeping the solidarity to the game that the fans go on about but also giving the added tension that one of the other player may have half decoded theirs by the point of you finding the location of a mini one. It will be timed but I don't mean for the thing to be mega hard. But once you have decoded your then you have access to the one object that your all fighting for and maybe that object comes with benefits, like a bonus (temporary or not) to use within your own single player game.

Basically, one complex riddle is given to the player, generated radnomly so non have the same but of course of the same level of difficulty. In order to crack it you have to solve various mini-versions, then avoiding the traps and pits to reach the mini your searching for. As for the grand one, if you attempt to guess then the game could spawn an enemy to push you more away from the puzzle requiring you to forcefully kill the enemy by unconventional means.

That could be one game mode at least in the universe of filing cabinets within my head and I'm sure I've got more... unless that's already been done before? Ah, well if it has.

Sorry, I've not had much sleep therefore I shall read upon this in the morning and no doubt regret it!:lol:

Silvermoth 01-21-2011 03:10 PM

It would be nice but then again, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion was a great game without a multiplayer mode.

larafan25 01-21-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ants_27_ (Post 1556741)
Expanding on the one flag thing. Rather than have the generic pits and traps which I'm sure has been done you could include the concept of complex riddles that send the players in directions away from each other (think a network of tunnels one running atop the other and so on so forth), keeping the solidarity to the game that the fans go on about but also giving the added tension that one of the other player may have half decoded theirs by the point of you finding the location of a mini one. It will be timed but I don't mean for the thing to be mega hard. But once you have decoded your then you have access to the one object that your all fighting for and maybe that object comes with benefits, like a bonus (temporary or not) to use within your own single player game.

Basically, one complex riddle is given to the player, generated radnomly so non have the same but of course of the same level of difficulty. In order to crack it you have to solve various mini-versions, then avoiding the traps and pits to reach the mini your searching for. As for the grand one, if you attempt to guess then the game could spawn an enemy to push you more away from the puzzle requiring you to forcefully kill the enemy by unconventional means.

That could be one game mode at least in the universe of filing cabinets within my head and I'm sure I've got more... unless that's already been done before? Ah, well if it has.

Sorry, I've not had much sleep therefore I shall read upon this in the morning and no doubt regret it!:lol:

I forgot to mention riddles.

Also, you are right about the tension, not knowing the pace of the other players.

Isn't that Tomb Raiding? Lara is never the only one looking for the artifact, and Tomb Raiders are greedy.

I also think there could be levers (or something less contrived as GI/CD put it) that activate traps in other parts of the tunnel. Therefore you can pull a lever and hope it triggers a trap for another player, however it could very well trigger a trap for you. A randomized karma system. Could be annoying though.

JadenXI 01-21-2011 05:54 PM

No, not unless its like Uncharted 2, apart from the main game. Survival games are more fun/intense/scary when you are by yourself.

TombRaiderChick93 01-24-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadenXI (Post 1556841)
No, not unless its like Uncharted 2, apart from the main game. Survival games are more fun/intense/scary when you are by yourself.

Thats what I mean. I know they wouldnt do it for the actual game cause it would destroy that "all alone trying to survive, tomb raider feel". But they could do like what they did for Uncharted 2 and their multiplayer. Instead of the classic deathmatch and things like that, they could create something new like the ideas mentioned above or tweak old ones to give them the TR feel. Plus could you imagine the skins we could have!

who wants to play as Jeeves the farting butler!?!?! :D

Cheese is nice. 01-25-2011 12:29 AM

I like this as an idea. However I'm pretty sure that CD might be too lazy. They are trying to create a kick ass single player game in which I really don't forsee anything warranting multiplayer. Though it would be nice( I actually had a dream about it once with all the characters from Anniversary) It is incredibly unlikely, and even if it was done, it probably wouldn't be too darn amazing.

GemmaDarkmoon 01-25-2011 08:41 AM

For TR I think the game works best in single player so think it might be a lot of effort to go 2 player with not so much point in doing it.

Cheese is nice. 01-25-2011 11:19 PM

I have an idea!! Let's beg them and maybe they'll do it!!!

Ants_27_ 01-25-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheese is nice. (Post 1558492)
I have an idea!! Let's beg them and maybe they'll do it!!!

You mean beg them and they'll add multiplayer?

To be honest with you, their going to add it anyway as it generates more money probably and the fact is... its seems to be a generation now of "quick how much money can you grab" as opposed to building a legacy. Which is sad.:(

Cheese is nice. 01-26-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ants_27_ (Post 1558502)
You mean beg them and they'll add multiplayer?

To be honest with you, their going to add it anyway as it generates more money probably and the fact is... its seems to be a generation now of "quick how much money can you grab" as opposed to building a legacy. Which is sad.:(

Haha that is very true. But unless someone else survives the wreck in this game(which I highly doubt) and it would be too much work to make all the models for it, so it really doesn't seem quite likely. CD couldn't even fix something as simple as Natla's lips on the wii console, let alone make a bunch of multiplayer skins. But whatevs. Thanks for helping me be optimistic. I think.:scratch:

Ants_27_ 01-26-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheese is nice. (Post 1558513)
Haha that is very true. But unless someone else survives the wreck in this game(which I highly doubt) and it would be too much work to make all the models for it, so it really doesn't seem quite likely. CD couldn't even fix something as simple as Natla's lips on the wii console, let alone make a bunch of multiplayer skins. But whatevs. Thanks for helping me be optimistic. I think.:scratch:

Well those pictures showed those two guys so other people will survive but it's a case of whether they help each other out or not. But hey, as long as they don't have that crappy 'English' accent that us British folk seem to get labeled with then its all good.:lol:

Cheese is nice. 01-26-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ants_27_ (Post 1558521)
Well those pictures showed those two guys so other people will survive but it's a case of whether they help each other out or not. But hey, as long as they don't have that crappy 'English' accent that us British folk seem to get labeled with then its all good.:lol:

Haha very true. Well I suggest we simply keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. o_0 Not that there is anything else we can do. :lol:

phatpantz 05-13-2011 04:10 AM

Tomb Raider is long overdue for a multiplayer part. I hope they include it as standard and don't expect us to pay extra for this as DLC.

aragorn2 05-14-2011 02:20 PM

What was great about all the TRs was the feeling of loneliness with all these adventures, seeking and temples things. I don't want to ruin it with a possible multiplayer...


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.