View Full Version : No Sound In Soul Reaver On XP
06-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi i have installed the patches and the game runs fine except there is no sound in game. There is sound in the movies though anyone know how to fix this?
06-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Also i have set the compatability to Windows 98 thanks.
06-05-2009, 07:56 AM
set audio hardware acceleration to basic or none
06-06-2009, 01:44 AM
still nothing checked auddio acceleration to None.Its as if the game is crashing right at the start.
06-07-2009, 03:30 PM
I take it that you have followed Ben's guide, right? http://www.thelostworlds.net/HowTo/Running_Soul_Reaver_on_Windows_XP_and_Vista.html
06-09-2009, 01:24 AM
done everything step by step just crashes
06-09-2009, 03:40 PM
I think I remember now having problems with that guide too last time I installed SR.
And if I remember correctly, this is how I made it work:
Download this file: Click Here (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=dbc4cde86c9174d5d956df2962098fcbb6b700ca6dcdfeb95621d66e282a0ee8)
* Install the game - Full Installation & Default Path.
* Apply the official Soul Reaver v1.2 Patch (Non-XP version).
* Copy all Movie Files (*.RPL) from the CD to the game directory.
* Execute/Double-Click the _VIDEO_FIX.REG file to update the windows registry.
* Replace the original KAIN2.EXE file with the one from File Archive.
* Set Compatibility Mode to Win98 for the KAIN2.EXE file.
* Play the Game!
06-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Didnt work so i bought it on Amazon for £3.OO on the Playstation. Thanks for the help anyway
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.