View Full Version : the laziness is killing me
04-17-2003, 10:12 AM
It's spring break for me. That's supposed to be a good thing. Pff, yeah, whatever. It was like 90 degrees outside on Monday. Too hot. Then it was constantly raining for the last few days, including today. So I can't really go outside. I've been sitting here at the computer for 4 days straight. I should be happy, lol. I have gotten a lot of work done with the TR level editor. But that's one of the two things I've been doing all week. I've had pizza for lunch each day this week because I'm to lazy to make anything else. Just pop it in the oven for 20 minutes and it's done. I can't even add up all the soda I've had...
I've also been doing Photoshop stuff. Here's something I made just for the heck of it:
If you ever had the chance to go to my website (which isn't there anymore:rolleyes: ) you may have seen something like this. This one's a bit different. I just felt like meshing a two different heads and two different bodies together.
Now, I can't believe I'm saying this and you'll probably never see me/hear me type this/say this ever again.
I want to go back to school!!
04-17-2003, 10:20 AM
This is bad, this is really bad!
*Solange feels Gandalf the Gray's forehead*
My dear Gandalf, you are running a fever! You are mumbling things that don't make any sense. You are in a bad shape!
We need a doctor! Over here please!
*mumbles in low voice*
What do you think is wrong with him doc? Is it serious?
04-17-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm afraid he has a bad case of Schoolaritus.
The cure is to find him something fun and useful to do.
04-17-2003, 10:51 AM
well my reccomendation is to join lots of forums, then you will be dashing about madly trying to keep up with all the new posts, not really helpful but oh well.
04-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Go bake something.
04-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Yeah, or read a book, or take up knitting, or clean the gunge in the shower, or go for a walk in the rain, or ... (switching to mum mode) ... go buy some fresh fruit and vegies ... all that pizza will give you scurvy!!!:D
04-18-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by suzieq51
or clean the gunge in the shower
Ah, but we just remodeled the bathroom. No gunge in the shower now. It's clean and shiny.
I decided that now would be the best time to learn HTML. I've been holding off on it because I had to focus on school.
04-18-2003, 01:41 PM
I found this list somewhere of stuff to do when you're bored:
229 Things To Do When Bored:
1. Wax the ceiling.
2. Loosen the lug nuts on your dad's new car.
3. Drop your cat from a high place, to see if it really does land on all four feet.
4. Repeat above until failure.
5. Rearrange political campaign signs.
6. Sharpen your teeth.
7. Play Houdini with one of your siblings.
8. Braid your dogs hair.
9. Clean and polish your belly button.
10. Water your dog...see if he grows.
11. Wash a tree.
12. Genuflect to Larwence Welk.
13. Knight yourself and some close friends.
14. Found the Jim Jones' School of Modern Bartending.
15. Flirt with an evergreen.
16. Scare Steven King.
17. Give your cat a mohawk.
19. Mow your carpet.
20. Rake your carpet (to clean up the clippings.)
22. Play Pat Boone records backwards.
23. Re-elect Richard Nixon.
24. Dress like your favorite Heavy Metal group...surprise your grandmother.
25. Listen to a painting.
26. Play with matches.
27. Buff your cat.
28. Raise professional racing ferrets.
29. Paint your home...day-glo orange.
30. Dial-a-Prayer and argue.
31. Read Homer in the original Greek.
32. Learn Greek.
33. Change your mind.
34. Change it back.
35. Watch the sun...see if it moves.
36. Mail Jerry Falwell a Hustler magazine.
37. Recite romantic poetry...to your toaster.
38. Paint your windows.
39. Flash your goldfish.
42. Paint a smile.
43. Shoot at a fire hydrant.
44. Apologize to it.
45. See if you really can build a small nuclear device in your basement.
46. Rotate your garden...daily.
47. Plant a shoe.
48. Write letters to all the political officials that are representing you, and tell them what a good job they are doing...on April 1st.
50. Give a Rorschach (Ink-blot) Test to your gerbil.
51. Take apart all your major kitchen appliances.
52. Mix and match the parts.
53. Turn your TV picture tube upside down.
54. Take your sofa for a walk.
55. Write a letter to Plato.
56. Mail it.
59. Dial 911...breath heavily.
60. Go to a funeral...tell jokes.
61. Put lighted EXIT signs on all your closets.
62. Carry a tune.
63. Drop it to see if it breaks.
64. Starch your shoes.
65. Contemplate a cockroach.
66. Get a dog to chase your car.
67. Let him catch it.
68. Form a political party.
69. Throw a political party.
70. Climb a sidewalk.
71. Ride a loaf of bread.
72. Annoy yourself.
73. Get angry with yourself.
74. Stop speaking to yourself.
75. Kiss and make-up.
76. Stand on your head.
77. Stand on someone else's head.
78. Learn everything there is to know about the Holy Roman Empire.
79. Read a Harlequin Romance Novel...but only if you're REALLY bored.
80. Build a pyramid.
81. Paint your teeth.
82. Wear a salad.
83. Speak with a forked tongue.
84. MAKE a drive in window at your local bank.
85. Walk on water...but DON'T get caught.
86. Shave a shrub.
87. Have a proton fight.
88. Watch a car rust.
90. Confess to a crime that you didn't commit.
91. Learn to type...with your toes.
92. Buy the Brooklyn Bridge.
93. Mail it to a friend.
94. Be in the wrong place at the right time.
95. Be someone special.
96. Plot the overthrow of your local School Board.
97. Request covert assistance from the CIA.
98. Factor your social security number.
99. Take the fifth.
100. Take the sixth.
101. Read the 1962 Des Moines White Pages.
102. Join the Foreign Legion.
103. Learn to write Sanskrit.
104. Learn to read Sanskrit.
105. Exist...existentially of course.
106. Search for buried treasure...in Nebraska.
107. Hot wax the bottoms of your brother's dress shoes.
108. Print counterfeit Confederate money.
109. Kick a cabbage.
110 Take a picture.
111. Put it back.
112. Go back to square one.
113. Sand a mushroom.
114. Find the heat capacity of your chemistry professor.
115. Play solitaire ...for cash.
116. Abuse your patio furniture.
117. Run for Pope.
118. If you don't win, run for God.
119. If you still don't win, run for Mayor of Toledo.
120. Write a book about a previous life.
121. Count to a million...fast.
122. Have your cat bronzed.
123. Make a quilt out of used cocktail napkins.
125. Sleep on a bed of nails.
126. Don't toss and turn.
127. Think shallow thoughts.
128. Run around in squares.
129. Boil ice cream.
130. Sterilize your stereo, with Jack Daniels.
131. Carve your girl/boyfriends initials...in a marshmallow.
132. Converse...with a flatworm.
133. Speak in acronyms.
134. Drive the speed limit...in your garage.
135. Make a schematic drawing...of a rock.
136. Be a rabid Boxcar Willi fan.
137. Sing the National Anthem...during your calculus final.
138. Pay off the national debt...with a bad check.
139. Calmly have a nervous breakdown.
140. Give your goldfish a perm.
141. Fly a brick.
142. Play tag...on the nearest interstate.
143. Exorcize a ghost.
144. Exercise a ghost.
145. Go to a cemetery and verbally abuse dead people.
146. Paint stripes on a lake.
147. Ski Kansas.
148. Wear a bowler...hat, stupid.
149. Test thin ice...with a pogo stick.
150. Apply for a Unicorn Hunting License.
151. Defend your neighborhood from roving Mongol hordes.
152. Do a good job.
154. Be a side effect.
155. Ride a bicycle...up Mt. McKinley.
156. Play hockey with your little cousin...as the puck.
158. Redecorate your garage.
159. Develop a complex.
160. Join the Army...be someone simple.
161. Try harder.
162. Hit the deck.
163. Cut the deck.
164. Make a deal with the Devil...keep your fingers crossed.
165. Put legwarmers on all your furniture.
166. Be number six.
169. Roll over.
170. Play dead.
172. Sprinkle your family room.
173. Cause a power failure.
174. Pour instant concrete in your brothers waterbed.
175. Give a lecture tour on the historical significance of cream cheese.
177. Be cherubic.
178. Debate politics with a fern.
179. If you lose, stop watering it.
180. Donate your brother's body to science.
181. Join Hell's Angels by mail.
183. Give your cat a suntan...in the microwave.
184. Be a square root.
185. Park your car...with a friend.
186. Park your car...with a group of friends.
187. Ask stupid questions.
189. Surf Ohio.
190. Go bowling...for small game.
191. Have your first statement of bankruptcy framed.
192. Hang it on the wall in your office.
194. Solve the population problem. i.e. x + 2y - 16x = population; solve for x.
195. Contribute to the population problem.
196. Interview a cloud.
197. Play tiddly-winks...go for blood.
198. Go to a drive-in movie in a tank.
199. Go to a non-drive-in movie in a tank and drive in anyway.
202. Translate Shakespeare into English.
203. Skydive...to church.
204. Send the president an alarm clock...wind it up first.
205. Do aerobics...in your head.
206. Play cards with your swimming pool.
207. Found a cockroach stable and stud farm.
208. Send your goldfish to obedience school.
209. Pinstripe your driveway.
210. Play "Kick the fire-hydrant."
211. Harness chipmunk power.
212. Free the oppressed toaster-ovens of America.
213. Free the obsessed toaster-ovens of America.
214. Mug a stop sign.
215. Change your name...daily.
216. Go for a walk...in the attic.
217. Challenge the neighbor kid to duel.
218. Find a witch.
219. Burn her.
221. Find out how many ways there really are to skin a cat.
222. Go bow hunting...for Toyotas.
223. Kidnap Cabbage Patch Kids.
224. Boldly go where no man has gone before.
225. Jump back.
226. Play to lose.
227. Scalp a VW.
228. Be a threat to the American way of life.
229. Be a threat to the Northwest Tibetan way of life.
230. Re-establish the Roman Empire...in Toronto.
231. Have your car painted plaid.
232. Found the TLO (Toledo Liberation Organization.)
233. Play nuclear chicken with a small third world nation.
234. Race turnips.
235. Give your grandmother a raise...and another week paid vacation.
236. Sharpen your sleeping skills.
237. Put out a fire.
238. If you can't find one make one.
239. Ionize your new chemistry professor (remember you took the heat capacity of the first one).
240. Make a lifesized replica of the Statue of Liberty...out of grape jello.
241. Tree a goldfish.
242. Get a college education.
243. Bury your fathers Nissan.
244. Tell your him the dog did it.
245. Catch a falling star.
246. Throw it back.
247. Place your cat in hyper-space.
248. Again tell your dad the dog did it.
249. Corner the market on Agnew in '76 buttons.
250. Find out where all these cylinders graduated from.
251. Install handicapped access to your favorite pathetic baseball team's dugout.
252. Kickstart your TV.
253. Kickstop your TV.
254. Perfect the internal combustion telephone.
255. Prove once and for all that a cow can jump over the moon.
256. Complain to God that Jupiter has more moons than we do.
257. Make a list of things to do when bored.
258. Renumber the bored list...
259. Look in the mirror and scare yourself*
260. Build a fort*
261. Kidnap your animals*
262. Try and catch your shadow.**
263. Dissect the weather channel(KK)
264. Stuff all the sleepingbags in the house(KK)
265. Attempt telekenisis, seriously(KK)
266. See how much hersheys syrup you can put in an 8oz. glass of milk(KK)
227. Auction off a grape(shelly)
228. Throw your cat in the dog pound(shelly)
229. Go swimming fully clothed(shelly)
See anything you'd be interested in doing? :p If none work, you might wanna try doing some old fashioned stuff like going to a museum or hanging out w/ your buddies at a mall, going to a cafe, going skating or playing some sort of sport at the park when the rain lets up. It's all up to you. Just remember that when you're back in school, you're gonna be wishing you'd have some time off again, so you'd better take advantage of your vacation while you can. ;)
04-18-2003, 11:17 PM
wow P_A so many suggestions
Originally posted by Polar_Andromeda
7. Play Houdini with one of your siblings.
I have already done these two a number of times. :p
04-19-2003, 02:21 AM
LoL, Polar Andromeda. :D
I've tried a couple of those such as telekinesis and it sounds ridiculous, but I have scared myself on purpose in a mirror. Hard to do, but I nearly got a heart attack. :eek:
I'll have to try a couple more of your ideas, Polar. :p
04-19-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Nerevar
That's the spirit!
You could do some self-study: The phenomenon of multilingualism in European Union Law; Heidegger's distinction between Dasein and In Der Welt Sein; The Icelandic Sagas (e.g. compare the Icelandic Sigurd Fafnir's Bane and Saint George and the Dragon; Did man kill the mammoth or did it die of natural causes; A priori vs. a posteriori knowledge; etc.
How about giggling uncontrollably about inside jokes? ;)
BTW: I advise no. 18 only be attempted by professionals like me, hehehe :p
04-19-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
BTW: I advise no. 18 only be attempted by professionals like me, hehehe :p
lol, so am I allowed to then or not?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.